• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trying2
    Private

• Jan 2007

Clarification on registration of new domain name

Hello -
    1. I have an existing Vodahost account domain "rarepoultryalliance.com" - I took over from the original owner, and created a new page - "rarepoultryalliance.com/nankins.html" and want to use a new name (URL) for the site. There is a forum attached to this domain that I do not want to loose.
    2. I registered a new domain name and paid $19.95 (24 hrs ago+) with Vodahost "nankinbantams.com" and I've "parked" it on the control panel, as that's what support advised.
    3. Question - to I own "nankinbantams.com"? or do I have to pay something else?
    4. Do I have to use re-direct?
    5. After "parking" the new domain name - how do I make it live? I hope these questions make sense, I'm watching all the tutorials, and I'm still having problems. I've never done this before.
    Thanks,
    trying2
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Clarification on registration of new domain name

Originally posted by trying2
    Hello -
    1. I have an existing Vodahost account domain "rarepoultryalliance.com" - I took over from the original owner, and created a new page - "rarepoultryalliance.com/nankins.html" and want to use a new name (URL) for the site. There is a forum attached to this domain that I do not want to loose.
    2. I registered a new domain name and paid $19.95 (24 hrs ago+) with Vodahost "nankinbantams.com" and I've "parked" it on the control panel, as that's what support advised.
    3. Question - to I own "nankinbantams.com"? or do I have to pay something else?
    4. Do I have to use re-direct?
    5. After "parking" the new domain name - how do I make it live? I hope these questions make sense, I'm watching all the tutorials, and I'm still having problems. I've never done this before.
    Thanks,
    trying2

You own the domain name that you purchased nankinbantams.com
    You should not have to pay anything else.

If you purchased this through voda host under the account that you took over you will not have to re-direct. You will add the domain as an add on domain in your control panel .... you will publish to rarepoultryalliance.com/nankinbantams

You make your first page for this site and save and publish as index to that directory above.... and you are good to go ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

actually, if you're building in BV - when you click to publish - you'll publish to: public_html/nankinbantams

As far as the world is concerned this name and rarepoultryalliance will not be connected in any way.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

yes you are right Beth, multi-tasking here ... my mind was not paying attention ....

thank you for fixing that up quickly!!!!

Two computers, chatting and a telephone .... lol

oh my .............

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

You're welcome - you'll get my back next time.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• trying2
            Private

• Jan 2007

Thanks ladies -

I'm still not quite sure if this is a "parked" domain (I've added it as if it were) - or an "add on" - I want to be able to type in "www.nankinbantams.com" and have this site pop up w/o seeing www.rarepoultryalliance.com ;). If add on what username and subdirectory is required in cpanel.

Also, when typing in www.nankinbantams.com - I get a message that it does not exist. It's been about 30 hrs since my registration, do you think I'm not waiting long enough?

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
            X