Loading scripts using fantastico to right page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Loading scripts using fantastico to right page?

I am doing something wrong when I install scripts through Fantastico to my new add-on domains. I have been experimenting with Zoomla, OsCommerse amongst others and have the same problem with each. When I Install and choose the domain from the dropdown box if I leave the directory box beneath empty the script wont install. So I go back and name a directory i.e. 'shop', 'store', 'index', for example and the script loads fine. When I go to the site mysite.com I just get the Index of/ page and of course when I add the directory extention I had choosen at the installation i.e. mysite.com/store it works fine. I would like however to be able to go to the site mysite.com without having to show and go through the Index page. Please can you advise what I should do at installation to achieve this.

My second point is that If I publish up a page for an add-on domain using blue Voda through my FTP manager how do I stop it overriding a similar page on my main site. When I have several add-on domains how to do I direct the uploading page at the right one without effecting or over righting the others.

I appreciate these are probably very simple question, but having searched on the forum for a while I haven't found these to points addressed.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com
  • Rob
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Re: Loading scripts using fantastico to right page?

...... When I wrote Zoomla above it should read Joomla .....
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

• racefan20
      Major General

• Jul 2005

For the first part, you can handle this one of two ways. One is to simply do manual installs of the programs. It's not difficult at all, really. OR, use Fantastico to install and tell it to create a directory that doesn't already exist on your account. Once it's installed into that directory, you can simply use the File Manager utility in your Cpanel or an FTP program to move the files from the new directory to the one you would like them to be in.

The files don't care where they are, so long as they have a database to connect to, so moving them is perfectly fine.

When publishing to an addon or sub domain with BV, you type the path to the folder, following public_html which shows by default in the publish window. The path would something like this: public_html/name_of_addon_domain

When connecting with FTP, just make sure you open the appropriate folders for each site, subsite.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Rob
        Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Hi Racefan,

Thanks for the advise. I was worried about writing over by main site. Have just found the tutorial covering the same subject. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Rob
        www.saulfarm.com
        www.pumfrett.com
        www.dampguard.com
        www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

• Rob
          Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Hi Racefan,

Have reloaded Joomla again using fantastico to www.121wholesale.com and created a directory called 'sales' to upload to. Joomla is now in www.121wholesale.com/sales

I want Joomla to be just in www.121wholesale.com and havd tried moving the sales file (and or its content) through Cpanel and FTP but can't make anything happen.

Would it be possible to describe how I move the Joomla script out of the 'sales' directory so Joomla appers when the basic URL www.121.wholesale.com is used.

I appeciate I am most probably being really stupid so I appologize for that, but have now spent several hours getting nowhere so felt it time to ask.

Many thanks,

Rob
          www.saulfarm.com
          www.pumfrett.com
          www.dampguard.com
          www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

• racefan20
            Major General

• Jul 2005

FTP into the server and download the entire sales folder to your pc. Then, open the newly downloaded folder and upload its contents to the directory in which you want them to reside. There is a way to copy or move the program's folders in your Cpanel's File Manager and it is faster, but as you're just getting used to doing these things, ftp is a safer bet for you.

BTW, it is not recommended that you use BlueFTP for this type of thing. Use a more powerful tool like coreftp or smartftp.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Rob
              Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Thanks Racefan,

I'll give it a try.

I took a look at your sites earlier and thought them excellent.

Rob
              www.saulfarm.com
              www.pumfrett.com
              www.dampguard.com
              www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Working...
              X