Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links

Hello
    I am currently building my site, i have added a text box and then linked it to a website, when i preview my site, if i click my buttons they go to thrrelevant links, but if i go over my text box, it just a word and nothing else. could you please help.

Re: Links

I'm sorry - I don't understand what should be in your text box - usually a text box is comprised of words???
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello
      Yes sorry, i put a text box on my site and then wrote - pet products - i then double clicked on the text box and clicked on the hyperlink button to assign my link. So far so good, but when i preview my site and go to pet products, it wont link to anywhere.
      Cheers

Comment

Are links inside your own site ? if yes, they will not work in preview.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello
          They do work if i press my buttons in preview, is it different for text boxes.
          Cheers
          Bryski

Comment

You need to select the text (click and drag) not just double click on the box.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

If you are linking to external sources or pages of your own that are published, links from preview will work. If you are linking to other pages of your own site that are not yet publishes, they cannot work because the page does not yet exist on the internet.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth
                Sorry to sound really thick.

The text boxes i have created, i have hyperlinked to a website not relating to mine. When i preview my page and i put my cursor over the text box i created, the cursor doesn't change. It appears as just another word on my site, not a link.

Cheers
                Bryski

Comment

Bryski, so we can help you please post your website and the page in question.
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

You don't hyperlink a text box, but you hyperlink text you've put into the box.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello Bethers
                      I hyperlink the text, but if i check the link again the has vanished and i have to put the link in again.
                      Cheers
                      Bryski

P.S. I have now registered my domain which is - www.cashflow4life.org - although i now have to wait 24 hours.

Comment

You know I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem when I was first doing links from text. For me it turned out to be a color thing - the link turned into the same color as my backround and I thought it wasn't there, but it was.. anyways if that is a possibliity, make sure and set the link before and after colors to something contrasting your backround..
                        good luck.
                        Liz
                        www.sebastopolparty.com
                        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
                        X