good or bad idea...seperate pg. for each item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebee
    Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2007

good or bad idea...seperate pg. for each item?

OK, I have now come to a point where I am adding the products in my blue voda store. I would like to include a grid of the products, like thumbnails for each. I want to be able to click on the thumbnail and have it open to a small-med popup window that will show 2-3 pictures with the paypal buttons. How do I go about making a pop up box to do this? Would this require a seperate page for each item?
    Is that a "normal" way of going about the page navigation? And..is it a good idea, or would it be better if the thumbnail went to a seperate page.

Am I analyzing this too much?

Also another random question. Is there a way to change the font in the Paypal text (not the paypal buttons). I don't like times new roman it interrupts the "flow" of my site :)

ID#12501
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: good or bad idea...seperate pg. for each item?

Do you feel comfortable changing the html that paypal gives you? If you do - you can change just about anything - just make sure you don't change anything that will cause the sale to not go through!

As to the pages, you can make as many pages or however you want them. If you want to have a product page with 2 to 3 images and the button, then, yes, you need to make that page - and have the link from the picture be to that page. I would no longer call that a pop-up tho, and I would have your complete navigation on that page - and I wouldn't have it open in a new window.

For an example of this - look at http://www.achildspalace.com/kidsdesks.html - then click on any of the pictures of desks - they'll each open the page for that product with the purchase information.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Beebee
      Staff Sergeant

• Jan 2007

thanks again! You help is GREATLY appreciated! Yes, I like the setup of your page (how it features ONE item on the page with all the details). Where can I get more information about learning how to manipulate Paypal text. I am pretty much html illiterate. The only thing I can do to it is cut and paste it, but I am willing to learn!

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Well, it's written in html - if you send me the code for one - and tell me what you want changed - text font, color, size? - and exactly what you want them to be - I'll see if I can manipulate the code for you and show you where in it you'd have to make the change (just realize, you'll have to individually change each one).

And you're welcome.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• sbrown1211
          Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Could you please explain in more detail how you set your page up to have several items displayed and then when you click on a particular item, it takes you to a separate page with all the information about that one item. Are there special page types that I need to be using or can I just use the same template I used for my index page? I obviously don't know what I am doing. Thanks for your help,
          Sandi

Comment

• jkadin
            Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

On my site I have my products with thumpnails on the main page as for example I have like twenty different dragon figurines on a page each product will have a smaller page of its own all thumpnail are linked to a smaller page in return it actualy tells me if that product is being looked at or not, and on the smaller pages I do not have a full menu bar just the home page and the page its linked from. I find it better doing it this way.

Joe
            www.anytime-figurines.com
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• sbrown1211
              Private First Class

• Apr 2008

I checked out both of your stores and they look great!! I'm totally envious, I can't figure out where I get the actually link, and what does it look like, to use to link the thumbnail picture to the more in-depth information and order page? Could you please explain this to me? I appreciate all of your help although I do feel like a pest. Thanks for everything....

Comment

Working...
              X