• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigdogdaddy
    Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Link not showing up

My site is www.6994th.com. On the main page I added a text field and made it a link to another page on my site. I have re-published the page and, from the machine where I created and published it, the page appears fine.

However, when I access it from another pc, the link does not show up, until I do a "Find (on this page)" and enter "contact". Then the link appears. This is happening in both IE and Netscape browsers. I have deleted the temporary IE files.

The link is named "Contact Us".
    www.6994th.com
  • Dori
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Re: Link not showing up

Hi Bigdogdaddy!
    I am sure someone can help you out with this. The only thing I would think to do is in BV right click on your text field and 'bring to front' and then republish. Make sure you have published the page you linked too as well. It might be as simple as that... then again it could be something more difficult.
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

• larazovich
      General

• Jul 2006

I don't have a solution for you, but did notice that your page is alittle wide. I wanted to read several of the pages and had to side-scroll to get all the words. I am viewing at 1024, so this means there are lots of people who will also have this issue with your pages.
      Standard width for maximum viewing potential is 800, though many go to 900 or even 1000. Just a thought.
      I like your site, though; clean, easy to navingate, and interesting - really enjoyed reading -Lots of great information. Fascinating.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

The color of your links must be set as white, therefore the white text of your link is blending into your web page ....

On your page properties, you can change the color that will appear of your links ... that will solve your problem ....

Alternatively, you could place a shape, in back of your words (a layering type effect, shape, maybe make the shape blue, and only big enough for your words, then your words on top of it, bring those to front) this would then show up on the background color of the shape, know what I mean.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bigdogdaddy
          Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Dori - Thanks for the tip - I tried bringing it to the front but I still have the same issue.

Liz - Thank you very much for the suggestion. Last night I started resizing the pages. Should finish up tonight. (Darn work keeps getting in the way).

Ladyeye - I thought the text color was blue, but I will take a closer look at it tonight. This is my first site, so I still have alot to learn.

I will post my results later.
          www.6994th.com

Comment

Working...
          X