Questions about FTP uploads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about FTP uploads?

Hi... I've seen the tutorials and all that... But... What is the advantages or use of FTP uploads vs just publishing?... And is the upload tool in the c-Panel the same as FTP uploads?.... Thanks Doug

Re: Questions about FTP uploads?

FTP upload or File Manager upload (through CP) have the same effect. You can publish through FTP or file manager pages that are already html or php code. You cannot publish through FTP or File Manager BV pages.

For BV users, publishing is the only way to publish the pages. Upload is used instead for placing on your site files (generally speaking) that will be used as they are, i.e. images, mp3's, PDFs, word files, zips, html pages, scripts, etc.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval... One other question...Once uploaded.. can files then be placed in a file folder and named (whatever) in the c-panel without affecting their use??.. Again I'm thankful for the info... Doug

Comment

You mean rename the files on the server ? Yes, you can rename them, both through File MAnager (CP) and FTP. Of course, the file extension needs to remain as it is so the file format will be recognized by the applications.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm a novice at this web making and I need some advice. I've already made 2 pages using your control panel. I've included a button on each page so viewers could navigate between the 2 pages.
          Now I need to know how to procede.
          1. How do I activate the buttons?
          2. How do I use the HTML button on the CP?
          3. Do I need to use the "publish button", and at what point is it used?
          How is it used?
          4. At what point do I send you a check? Before all this or at the end?
          5. After my web site is finally on line, how do I shut it down when I want to make changes.
          As you can see I'm new at this. This web site will be a 2 page Newsletter just for the 419 Unit Owners in my condominium, so I really don't need it advertised anyplace, like Google.
          Thanks for your advice.
          Ralph
          P.S. What does FTP stand for? Do I need to use that?

Comment

Ralran.. lot of questions.. but it's probably best to design your page and add buttons on the web builder then publish...If it does not come out right you can work out the bugs in preview then republish... Hope that helped .. Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Ralran23
              I'm a novice at this web making and I need some advice. I've already made 2 pages using your control panel. I've included a button on each page so viewers could navigate between the 2 pages.
              Now I need to know how to procede.
              1. How do I activate the buttons?
              2. How do I use the HTML button on the CP?
              3. Do I need to use the "publish button", and at what point is it used?
              How is it used?
              4. At what point do I send you a check? Before all this or at the end?
              5. After my web site is finally on line, how do I shut it down when I want to make changes.
              As you can see I'm new at this. This web site will be a 2 page Newsletter just for the 419 Unit Owners in my condominium, so I really don't need it advertised anyplace, like Google.
              Thanks for your advice.
              Ralph
              P.S. What does FTP stand for? Do I need to use that?
              Hi

You need to order and pay for your account before you can do any publishing with the blue voda website builder. Until you do this you can get acquainted with the blue voda website builder and familiarize yourself with the tutorials for doing so provided here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X