Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I download all my backups files??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I download all my backups files??

My computer was stolen and now I got to start from "scratch". I got several sites under production. I got details that I should just download from control panel internet files but for reason or other lots of details like banners and backround just wont show up after that. Now if I try to remember where I got these its going take for ever. Domainale.com that is up and running clearly has all these files now but if I start to updated with missing files I just end up doing more damage...?

Any advice? Grazie.

www.planet-360.com It's all over the place!

www.DomainAle.Com Cheers!

www.0-0-9.Com - who called?

Re: How can I download all my backups files??

Download all the images to your BlueVoda/images folder on your pc. This way, you can easily find them on your pc and readd them to your pages.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I'll get back if this works... Word easily - I'm a bit sceptic but lets see.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto
        I'll get back if this works... Word easily - I'm a bit sceptic but lets see.

The only way it won't work is if you don't do it right. Download all the images to your pc and then tweak each of your pages in BV by going to File > New Page> From existing html, and entering the url for each page.

BV will import the page for you, but you'll have to tweak it and clean it up a little.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Well, I did full backup. Managed to download a file but for reason or what ever it didn't contain the folder needed. public_folder didn't come in the package at all. I'm talking about being in backup section and doing it from there. Some other place or way to get that public folder (this site is not my main site)?? I'm surely learning but this can be so annoying sometimes when just one thing isn't like its suppose to be - Thats why I wrote "spectic to word easily".
          Thanks for trying to help. Maybe you still know how to finish this job with style:)

Comment

Well, I did full backup. Managed to download a file but for reason or what ever it didn't contain the folder needed. public_folder didn't come in the package at all. I'm talking about being in backup section and doing it from there. Some other place or way to get that public folder (this site is not my main site)?? I'm surely learning but this can be so annoying sometimes when just one thing isn't like its suppose to be - Thats why I wrote "spectic to word easily".
            Thanks for trying to help. Maybe you still know how to finish this job with style:)

How exactly did you try this? All you have to do is open your FTP tool (in BV, on the top toolbar, Tools > FTP Manager), log in using the same username, password and IP address you use to publish. You'll see a list of the files on your server on the right side of your screen.

The left side of the screen represents your pc. So, on the left side, find a place to save your files and on the right, download them. The right side shows every single file in your public_html folder.

To download, select the files you want to put on your pc, highlight them by clicking once on each one (or use shift + click to select more than one) and choose "Copy to" on the toolbar. They'll be downloaded to your pc.

If the files you need are in a sub directory, locate the folder they are in and double click to open. Follow the steps above.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I tried to do it difficult way - been up 30 hrs in a row and last time I tried that I couldn't manage... Wrong IP... THANKS A MILLION... Its working and finally I can fix mistakes and get all necessary files back in business! BIG THUMBS UP:)

Comment

I tried to do it difficult way - been up 30 hrs in a row and last time I tried that I couldn't manage... Wrong IP... THANKS A MILLION... Its working and finally I can fix mistakes and get all necessary files back in business! BIG THUMBS UP:)

Glad you got it fixed.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                X