• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrickyRick
    First Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Floating Verticle Menus

Has anyone ever setup or know how to setup a floating vertical menu bar that floats down the left side of a page as you scroll down? Is this possible with BlueVoda?
    It can be a great day but it's your choice!

Rick
    P.S. Don't let the world pass you by, ride out ahead of it on a motorcycle!

http://www.deepsouthrides.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Floating Verticle Menus

Have a look at

Sliding Menu Bars (Drop Down) - creating and editing
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• TrickyRick
      First Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Thanks, I have my menu bar created and that tutorial was excellent help. What I am interested in is having the menu bar slide down the page as you scroll down it. Lets say I have a very long text article and as my readers follow the text down the page I would like the menu bar to follow along with them.

Rick

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You can only do that with frames. You have your menubar to the left and your header on top, and then the article is in the frame. Scrilling the frame content will leave the menubar and header still.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Actually, there is a script to do that - as my friends had that on a site without frames. However, they found it annoying and actually had complaints on it - so have gotten rid of it. I'm seeing if I can find the script.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Here's one method:

And, I like Dynamic Drive - so would probably look closer at this one:
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Sorry, Beth is correct. I thought you needed the menubar absolutely still. That, can only be acheived with frames. My mistake, if i have misunderstood
              Navaldesign

Comment

• TrickyRick
                First Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Sorry guys, I kinda dropped off the earth on this post. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for all the information and ideas. Just can't get the style I want and I guess I am beating my self up over it.

Thank

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X