• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stunna671
    Private First Class

• Feb 2007

customer data input....

Hello, I was wondering if you guys can help me with my website. As I have mentioned before I am trying to build a website that sells used books. I had built a form with text areas about the book they're trying to sell, i.e subjects, title, editions, and price. This is where I am lost. I do not know where to send these data and I also want these data to be posted respectively on a page in my website so the people that are interested can see them and click on the item and be able to contact the seller. I am probably way over my head on this project but I see that this is far the most effective forum that I have been into. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: customer data input....

What you are asking for requires a database ot file driven script (i like the database version).
    The procedure is like this:

Your visitor fills in a form. The data is stored in the database (or file). Then, you must have another page, with a php script, that will display all these listings that your visitors have made. It would be expected that there should also be a search feature, so that a buyer can search for books with categories (otherwise they will get lost if there are too many listings).

Anyway, this is a custom made script with also custom templates, to suit your site style. If you are interested, have a look here. We do build such scripts.

Another option would be David's script (which is similar and he can also customize it) Have a look here

A third option would be to make a Google search for such scripts.

Last, in your CP, Fantastico, you can try Noah's classifieds, though some misfunctioning problems were reported.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Dori
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Listen to Naval... he knows what he is talking about.

There is a 5th option and that is SohoLaunch which gives you a shopping cart with database to store all of your product information, newsletter capabilities, etcetera. SohoLaunch is a free download through BV.
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com
      www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
      www.virtualdesigndiva.com
      www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Hi Dori,

I beleive he doesn't want to sell the books himself, so Soholaunch's shopping cart will not do the job. What he's asking for is a classifieds script, where third parties can publish their own listings and the visitors will be able to see these listings and contact the sellers.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• stunna671
          Private First Class

• Feb 2007

thanks naval... that sounds good i guess i am going to sign up for the service now. You guys are very helpful. I am going to try to put all I can together for now and I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of more question until my site is finished. Thank you guys in advance..

stunna

Comment

Working...
          X