Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to stop copying details off webpage

Hello everyone,

Can you please help? I am basically looking for a piece of script that will stop anyone from copying details from my webpages (they are not made of gold I promise, but there is a genuine reason for it).

I read somewhere that this is possible, but I do not know how. May I ask, is this correct and if so, does anyone know what the script actually is?

A thousand thank you's to anyone who can help.

Cheers,

Steve.

Re: Script to stop copying details off webpage

There is no way to actually completely stop anyone from copying anything from websites. There are many scripts that barely deter it.

Truthfully, if you are afraid of having it seen - it shouldn't be put on the web at all.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

The only way to have 100% protection is to have a php/MySQL driven site, where the images are NOT uploaded on the site, but stored in the database, and then presented on the site with a dynamically created watermark. They are useless for the thief with the watermark, and they cannot retreived from the site because the files simply do not exist.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think I remember someone explaining something simililar to me before. Does this work as if the server sets up a 'ghostlike' website? (make sense?) where no files are present at all. The same can apparently be set up to protect one's own computer for security reasons if I recall correctly.

Thanks,

Steve.

Comment

Steve, do you want the site to be seen by se's and indexed? And is it only images that you're trying to protect? Otherwise, make it all password protected - and you'll know who has the passwords.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by steve100
            I think I remember someone explaining something simililar to me before. Does this work as if the server sets up a 'ghostlike' website? (make sense?) where no files are present at all. The same can apparently be set up to protect one's own computer for security reasons if I recall correctly.

Thanks,

Steve.
            No, it works this way: instead of the image, you place in your page a piece of code (for each image) that will retreive that picture from the database, and dispay it on the page. Before displaying it, it will add a watermark (usually some text) on the picture. The watermark maked the image useless for the thief, if he wanted to right click and "Save As", and he cannot retreive it from the site because the image file simply doesn't exist (the image is in the database)

However, unless you have hundreds or thusands if pictures, in which case watermarking them could become hard, and unless you also have a NON watermarked version of the same pictures (f.e. to be downloaded after paying) , you can do the same job simply watermarking the images before palcing them in your page.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X