Deleted posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted posts

Is there a way to know why a post was deleted?
    I posted a question on a particular topic, and it was deleted from the forum (no bad language! I promise :)
    Without knowing why it was deleted, it is hard to know which topics may be taboo, so to speak.
    I've searched all over the net for my answer without success, and thought someon here may be able to help....but, POOF! It's gone!
    The question had not been answered in a different post, although it was related to a previous post, and had to do with website spamming.
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

Re: Deleted posts

It might have just been moved. Click on your name to open your profile and click "view all posts" on the left.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thank you racefan,
      Did that. Not there.
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Debi
        Thank you racefan,
        Did that. Not there.

What was the question?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

It was born out my effort to understand my stats, IP's etc. I'm getting alot of hits from a particular IP, so i checked it out. On google I found a few folks that were seeing the same IP on their sites, and wondering if it was a spam thing. They recommended blocking the IP address range. When I looked it up on Whois, it had a completely different name. My question was if I should be concerned or not? What sort of damage could be done, if any, to my site?
          I had also noted that I taken LadyEye's advice to encrypt my email address.
          Debi
          DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

The potential for damage is minimal. The servers are quite secure and as long as you don't freely hand out your account's username and password, you have very little to worry about. Note that I didn't say you have nothing to worry about simply because there are no absolutes, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if I were you.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks racefan! That's what I wanted (needed:) to hear!
              Have a great evening.
              Debi
              DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
              X