File management questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File management questions

Alright so I just got the email with my ip username pass blah blah blah. I went and published all my pages. I type in my site name and it comes up with this index thing. I want to go to my site.. not to some ugly index. The index shows every picture and page put on it. So I open up my homepage. Now when i viewed it in my browser my picture banner rotator thing was working great. On here on the pictures are xed out. There is no music, which there is some put on. So it seems everything works good when I view it in the browser but as for actually going to the site online, like i said, i get some stupid index. What am I missing here?

It seems maybe since everything is seperated in the index i can only view one of the things at a time. I just want to go to my frekin website and get it to work.

Re: Im lost

did you publish a page named "index.html" ???

that is the one page you MUST have published...course it can be "index.php", but mainly you need and "index" page published to your public html folder
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

I published them all in public. So I just change any one of the pages and make it index? Wouldn't that make it an index rather then get rid of it?

Comment

When you save your homepage click Save As and name it Index. Your homepage has to be named index for it to display on the internet.

MH
        creator: M. Hoon
        http://www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
        Wedding Planning and Consulting

Comment

check this thread out: Index issue and I forgot don't capitalize the I in index.

good luck

MH
          creator: M. Hoon
          http://www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
          Wedding Planning and Consulting

Comment

ok its working now but some pictures are messed up but i guess i can take them out.... And also my backround music is not playing?

Comment

for the pictures and the music.....

now that you have renamed your homepage to "index" simply open it in BlueVoda and simply open the properties dialog box for the images that are missing..and re-browse and select them again...same for the music

if they are images and media that are linked to your site from other websites then you will need to make sure they are linked properly. Also, I would double check any other links you have made that referrence your homepage prior to renaming it "index"
              Robert
              www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Thank you guys for helping.

Comment

Any time.
                  Robert
                  www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Is there a way to delete old published files? Because I published some without the public thing and some with other names. Now when I want to publish over it, it stays exactly the same. Ive tried multiple publishing names and none of them will save over it.

In other words VIew all my folders and all my published in there.

Comment

click the below....

You can delete file via FTP or in your file manager.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: File management questions

What if, like a dummy, you delete you index.html fromyour public-html files. Is there any way to replace it ? I have saved and published some corrections to my site and could not get it to published and opened a support ticket. I was told that old file may be the problem and to delete them in ftp. I did and now I in deep trouble. Is there an easy fix. The file is not in my recycle bin..............

Comment

But you do have it on your computer ? If yes, simply republish it.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

www.banklinkusa.us Thank you for the reply. My problem is it will not republish. I have tried refreshing. I have ran c cleaner several times. All of my other pages are published but this front page is being stuborn. Any Ideas sir.

Comment

www.banklinkusa.net Sorry I typed in the wrong web address.

Comment

Working...
                              X