adding long text to a template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding long text to a template

I'm new at this web building and have learned a lot from this forum already and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. But, I have a question regarding adding text to a template. Specially, long text. I downloaded a template that has both a header and footer, as well as some graphics on the left hand side.

When I extend the template tall enough to fit in the text I'm trying to insert, the entire template stays proportional with the height I'm making the template. This dramatically distorts the header and side graphics. Is there a way to make a tall template, but have the header stay the original size thus not distorting the graphics in the header?

Thanks,
    rdcrowley

Re: adding long text to a template

Hi there ... you could chop-crop your template in photoshop or another image altering program you have - and then insert it as two images separately .... header and footer ... you could apply a shape in the middle or simple leave as the background of your page ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye, I've found your posts to be very helpful. I'll try these things and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
      rdcrowley

Comment

Originally posted by rdcrowley
        Thanks LadyEye, I've found your posts to be very helpful. I'll try these things and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
        rdcrowley

That's great, I am glad to hear that, thank you for saying so ... if you have any troubles, I could assist you ... it wouldn't take but a minute!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It worked great! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X