how can i start my site again from scratch????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woody58
    Sergeant

• Mar 2007

how can i start my site again from scratch????

hello all. this is my first post. i hope someone there can help.
    my site is www.gremlingrafix.com. i have been trying to set it up on my own but have very little knowledge, basically i have no idea what im doing !!!!!
    i have messed up big time with all my pages, cant get them to link, cant delete pages i have posted, get an error message about html, but i dont understand.
    i need to start again, but i cant find anything that says how to???? there must be a way but i cant find it.
    i apologize for being a bit thick, english for stupid, in advance!!!
    cheers
    woody58
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: how can i start my site again from scratch????

Hi woody, I think most of us have built our sites & different pages many times, & sometimes it is just easier to start again. But if you are not quite sure that you want to delete everything just yet, I would create another folder inside the BV & call it new site. From hear start again & create your index page & so on & save all your new pages to this folder, & then start publishing again. You can always go back later & delete things you don’t want when you got a bit more used to using BV. I made the mistake of deleting lots of files once & didn’t realize I had a folder highlighted & this got deleted as well. If you do delete files, I would recommend doing this via your c panel & not the ftp in blue voda. Using the ftp, you don’t get a second chance. In c panel you do.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• woody58
      Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Re: how can i start my site again from scratch????

cheers chris. thank you for the advice. i hadnt got too far into building the site so it wasnt a problem deleting it all and starting again. but i will keep a note of the info you kindly provided for me for future referance. thanks again.
      woody

Comment

Working...
      X