Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General advice about Stores & Forms

Hello,

Just activated my domain yesterday - just an "under construction page" - and I am trying to figure the best option to sell my product.

My product is basically a custom designed poster available in 3 sizes, color or laminated. When the customer orders they are to select the poster size and either color or laminated, then enter some information that is needed for the poster (event date, participants, etc.)

I spent several hours playing with Oscommerce and this appears better suited for a store with many products and/or product categories. I also installed formmaker pro but haven't played with it yet.

Based on my limited knowledge, it looks like I could very easily use paypal store and either (1) set up the few products in paypal and have people enter required info in the "additional info box" at end of purchase -OR- (2) after paying in paypal redirect them to a form on my website saying "thank you for your order...Please fill out this form..." that I create and then email the data to myself. The latter seems a bit more professional to me...

My other question is.... can I create an online order from w/ Form Maker Pro and tie it into paypal. I would like customers to be able to click bullet boxes for the product options (size, color or laminated) in a form that creates a total cost and allows them to click on paypal to pay.

Any advice or suggestions before I dive into either option?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide,

Kaps
    kaps@fishingleaderboards.com
    www.fishingleaderboards.com

Re: General advice about Stores & Forms

ditto I want to add this same form and tie it to paypal.
    DJ207

http://www.sportn207.com/

Comment

Paypal will provide you with the options - or you could use the free version of Mal's Ecommerce to do this - and paypal still to pay. Why reinvent the wheel?

Or, of course, you could build this very easily in Soho - which would have the ability to do the options already built in.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the advice - I'll spend some time w/ Mal's E-commerce and Paypal and see what works best for me. I agree with you - I am not into reinventing the wheel!

Thanks again,
        Kaps

Comment

rayvern www.commercialcapitallending.us
          I had to have BlueVoda reset my website and drop my url so I could publish it with a new url. Everything works ok except my form that I have redirected to my email when a customer clicks on the submit tab. It was working fine until I had to have the site reset. Can someone tell me how to go about trouble shooting my form page so I can fix this problem?

Comment

Working...
          X