• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CyberShot
    First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

page properties

I was wondering if there was a default for the page properties. how big should the page be to be viewed correctly on the interenet. i am looking at the title, page width, height, and a size with a setting of 10. what should i go with here?
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: page properties

Optimal page width is between 800 and 100. At 800 the very most people can view your page; and at 1000 a certain percentage will have to side scroll to see the whole page - off-putting and annoying to most folks.
    Length doesn't matter as much, but too long and navigation back to the top is hard. So, rather than going on and on maybe it is a good idea to keep your pages at 800 width and maybe a 1000 height.
    In terms of font size -anything smaller than 10 is hard for older eyes to read. I personally like 11, but my eyes are tired alot.
    Hope this helps.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• CyberShot
      First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

i will give it a try...thanks

Comment

• Narsil
        Private First Class

• Sep 2006

This is driving me nuts. I recently updated my Meta Tags and put those words (repeated a bunch of times) behind my graphics. However, when I go to publish the website, it shows them strung out super far to the right in one single line, instead of being hid like a paragraph behind the graphics. What the heck is going on?

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Narsil
          This is driving me nuts. I recently updated my Meta Tags and put those words (repeated a bunch of times) behind my graphics. However, when I go to publish the website, it shows them strung out super far to the right in one single line, instead of being hid like a paragraph behind the graphics. What the heck is going on?
          Hi, hard to say unless you can post the url. If you are trying to deceive the SE’s with hidden key words?, its not advisable, you will get placed on the bottom of the pile if the se robots see this..

PS. I find 12 Time’s roman or 10 – 12 Arial. This forum is in 12 Roman I believe.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X