Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Publish A Second Website

www.banklinkusa.us
    I have 2 different domains with 2 websites. I have made changes to both websites and one is published. I am having trouble publishing the other website because I have to name my front page (index). When I try to change the name on my second website to (index) it will not let me change it because index is already being used on my other website. Is there a way to run 2 different websites and name the front pages (index) or do I have to do something different to get my second website published. Driving me crazy!! Thank you
    email: rayvern2249@sbcglobal.net

Re: How To Publish A Second Website

Originally posted by rayvern
    www.banklinkusa.us
    I have 2 different domains with 2 websites. I have made changes to both websites and one is published. I am having trouble publishing the other website because I have to name my front page (index). When I try to change the name on my second website to (index) it will not let me change it because index is already being used on my other website. Is there a way to run 2 different websites and name the front pages (index) or do I have to do something different to get my second website published. Driving me crazy!! Thank you
    email: rayvern2249@sbcglobal.net
    You must set up a new folder within your Blue Voda folder on your pc. You must save all the pages of the second website to the new folder therefore keeping them quite seperate from your first. You will then be able to save the page as index without fear of over-writing your original one.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

you save your first site index to public_html and your second site index to public_html/secondsitename, and as Amanda says make sure you save them to seperate folders in the Blue Voda folder
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I am very new at this but getting better. Do you mean to open a folder other than the Blue Voda folders. Not sure how to do that........Thanks

Comment

Hey Rayvern, I think I 'stepped on' your response, but did your question get answered?
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I am not sure how to open it in the new folder. There must be a trick. Thank you for sticking with me.

Comment

It isn't about opening it is about saving..

Here is how I do it:
              I have my main site sebastopolparty, and all my files for that site are in my blue voda folder.

Then, I have a second site, raynordescendents, and I made a folder in bluevoda called raynordescendents.
              All the images I use on pages for raynordescendents, and all the pages I make for that site go into that folder when I save them, instead of just saving them in the main bluevoda folder.

It helps keep you organised so you can find stuff when you are changing stuff around and updating your pages,and then if you end up having more sites you do the same thing again..

When you publish to your second site it is really important to add the /secondsitename to the public_html, so your new pages get associated with your new site, too. Keeps everything nice and tidy.

Does this help?
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I did make a new folder but I guess I don't know how to save the second website to that folder. I am a little embarrassed because I have had both sites running and made some changes and now I can't get the second up and running. How do I save it to the new folder. Thanks for our help

Comment

No bigs; I was totally confused when I got my second domain too. I kept accidently saving 'over' my first site pages..
                  Let's see, how to explain.
                  Lets say you make a page for your second site. You make the page and then go File-Save page as, and then you give it a name, like index, or product or whatever, and then at the top of that little window thing it says 'save in' and you make sure you are saving it in your new secondsite folder.
                  So is your first site running okay?
                  If so, when you go to publish your second site home page, name it index all lowercase of course, and when you hit the publish button at the bottom where it says public_html add slash secondsitename, so it looks like this public_html/whateveryoursecondsitenameisgoeshere
                  Since you have already saved the page bvefore you publish it should work swimmingly.
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

I saved it to My Documents. It tries to publish to the correct site but doesn't makethe changes. When I tried to publish it to public_html/websitename it tells me it won't except it. Mylink is www.banklinkusa.us . My page name is Commercial Loans. What can I put behind the public_html to make it work? You have been a great help to me. Thank you Liz

Comment

Is that the URL to your first or second site?
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

My second site.......Sorry to take so long to get back.

Comment

why not use the adon domian in cpanal
                          Have Fun, Be Safe :
                          Self Defense Products
                          Hidden Cameras

Comment

Originally posted by leebring
                            why not use the adon domian in cpanal
                            Why not pay attention to the question before replying.
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I do believe I understood the question perfectly. Thanks for YOUR question......

Comment

Working...
                              X