X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain name reg/goverment reg

Hi to ya all...

im not sure if you can help me here?

i know vodahost covers a lot of things(i mean a lot of things)but do you give surpport on things outside of the internet/web sites?

e.g(and this is my question)if and when i register my domain name,do i need to register the business still with the australian goverment...i mean is the domain name a complete redg of my buisness or just of the domain name itself......i still have to do the tax thing(i know that bit)

THANKS FOR ANY FEED BACK....HAVE A NICE DAY

Re: domain name reg/goverment reg

Hi DaleB:

You would just be registering your Domain name....................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: domain name reg/goverment reg

G'Day mate,

There is a lotta loopos on this matter. first go to www.australia.gov.au and make search on the kind of things you need on the business link, they cover everything about e-business.

But what I know "I'm not sure if it cover the whole oz or just queensland", that you can register your ABN for free if your business income is just 50000 /year, you register by internet, and print it at the same time at home.

But, what I suggest is : if you are taking your e-business seriously, register your ABN free if income 50000/y or less or you will be paying around $120 to register if income over 50000/y.

Your domain name is yours as long as no one else trade marked the name.
      You can Trade mark your name for around $120 that last for couple years.

If you are not able or can't afford to trade mark your name, here's the deal :

before somebody trade mark your name which is your domain name, you can protect yourself from paying a fortune to give back the name to someone else, Do the following :

Print the welcome e-mail and registration e-mails (all of them) that were sent to you by VodaHost, put them in an envelop in the post office, tell the post office that you want to send this, but you want to fill the form which show the sender and the receipent. YOU WILL BE SENDING IT TO YOURSELF.

When you receive the envelop at home, keep it closed, DON'T OPEN IT, keep the form of the receipent you got from the post.

Then, if one day somebody calls you telling you to see him in court for the trade marke of the name or something, you got the prove that you've created that name before he trade marked it, the prove is that the document inside the envelop were dated and stamped from the post office in the form and the envelop are true.

That will also allow you to use that name for another 2 years if activated.

Enjoy and relax.
      The Producer

Comment

Working...
      X