• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CyberShot
    First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

setting up my homepage

i have a question about displaying pages. my site is http://www.creativeeventsdesign.com . i am building the site for my friend who is starting up a new bisiness. what i am trying to figure out at this point is how to display things on the current page. for example. you have the home page. it's good. all the navigation buttons are there. so if you click on resume, it would display her resume to the right of the nav buttons and everything else on the home page would go away except the header, and all the things to the left. how can i do this?
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: setting up my homepage

You need to create a template of the things that go on all pages such as the header and navigation - then with each new page, you'll pull up your template page, add all the rest, then click save as and save it with the new name - for example resume maybe from what you said.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• CyberShot
      First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

ok, i think i get that. i don't suppose there is a tutorial on this somewhere is there. i will give it a try and see what i can come up with.

Comment

• CyberShot
        First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

ok, i think i understand the template thing. but there is still a problem. what i am thinking is that i would have to build the hompage completly then save it as a template. then delete everything accept the header and nav bar, then load each thing into it and save it as a new page. does that sound about right?

Comment

Working...
        X