Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vodahost support VBShout 2.1 add-on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Vodahost support VBShout 2.1 add-on?

My website is www.dragbikeforums.com. I tried adding the VBShout 2.1 to my site and all I get in the chat section is "Loading".

Re: Does Vodahost support VBShout 2.1 add-on?

He's probably right. If you followed the intructions and imported the product and it's still not working, it's most likely server side and not something you'll be able to change.

It could also be a version issue, since I think the latest version of vBShout was designed for vB 3.5 and you're using 3.6.4.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I seen where other people with the same version had it working. Alot of people were posting with the same problem but every answer I seen to fix it, i tried and none worked. I also seen some guy said that it might be a browser issue? Is there a fix for it? Or is there a similar product that I can use?

Comment

I don't know of any other program you could use instead. There are others out there, but they aren't as light weight as vBShout and VH wouldn't permit them.

It's an odd thing with vB - a hack one person is using sometimes won't work for another even though they're using the same version.

I'm on your site and I don't see it, so I'm guessing you have it disabled. Did it fail to work in the default style as well as the custom style?

I haven't looked around much, but I get the feeling you've added hacks before and know what you're doing in that regard.

A browser issue is a slight possibility, which one are you using?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Well i'm actually very new to it. My website has only been up a few weeks and it's my first one. Just alot of sleepless night trying figure it out.

I do have it disabled right now until I figure it out. It doesn't work in either the default style or the "disturbed" style.

I'm using IE for my browser.

Comment

Definitely not a browser issue, then.

Would you like me to take a look at it? I have a lot of experience with this stuff and a little free time, so I'm willing to give it a try if you'd like.

If so, I'd need you to email me your Cpanel username and password and I'd need admin access on your forum. I can sign up and then you can change my status so I can work on it. Totally up to you, but the offer is there if you want it.

My email address to use is racefan20n11******.com
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X