• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plrm2
    Corporal

• Mar 2007

Just me

Hello to all in BVland. I am trying BV out for the first time. I am not very computer lingo savvy and have run into a wall. I have converted 3 Word docs into PDF from Adobe. I have been trying to directly put these onto my web page but can't figure out how, so that when someone orders my book, my thank you page takes them to the link of that page that holds the PDF. Is it even possible to do it this way? A link (i.e. icon) would not work here because I currently have these saved on my flash drive. Thanks, if anyone can help.

Cheryle
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Just me

Hello.

1. Open your BlueVoda FTP and sign in.
    2. Transfer the files from your documents into the public_html folder which should already be open when you sign in.
    3. Go to your website and type in www.yourdomain.com/thefile.pdf

Good luck, let me know!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Not Exactly, Jeremy.....

If you are specifically asking how to link your Blue Voda created web pages via clicking on an icon, you should review the navigation/linking Tutorials.
      Simply, in Blue Voda, once you have clicked once on your "icon" (highlighted it), merely use the Hyperlink tool (common icon at top of the BV pane) to set the destination and the type of transition (new browser window="_blank", etc.) to navigate directly.

If you are looking to set up the download function of the PDF itself, you should review this tutorial.

You will learn to spot the definitive helps......
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Jeremy
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

How was Jamaica Eric?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

And you need to make sure the page that they go to to download is protected - thus not a page that people can get to on the web by typing in the page as Jeremy showed. Otherwise, people will be getting your downloads free.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• plrm2
            Corporal

• Mar 2007

You folks are going to be lifesavers if you can walk me through this. I am SOOOO beyond frustration. Talk to me like you are telling a 2-year-old because that is where my brain is functioning at right now. I must be picking the wrong tutorials to watch because I can't seem to find what I need.
            Bethers - where are you telling me to go for page protection and how?
            Vasili - I want to put my info directly on the page, not a like, so...
            Jeremy - I finally figured how to get into BlueFTP, but I do not see the public_html folder you mention. Do I need to click somewhere?
            Thank you very much, folks.

Comment

• Jeremy
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey,

Once you sign in, you should be already in the public_html folder, just look at the top it should say it..
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• plrm2
                Corporal

• Mar 2007

Thanks, Jeremy. I found it now that I figured out how to connect. But it won't let me move my pages from the left side (C:\\) of my page to public_html. My other problem is that the tutorial shows a control panel page with icons so I can set up my email connected to this site, and I can't find that page under CP or anywhere. I wonder if it missed getting loaded when I got the program?
                Cheryle

Comment

• plrm2
                  Corporal

• Mar 2007

Jeremy!! My husband forced me to go to Dairy Queen for an ice cream break and I have just come back smarter! I figured out how to move the website builder files to public_html, and I found my cpanel (yay!). I am going to log off for today and try again tomorrow evening to accomplish even more. Thank you for your direction today, and you Bethers, and Vasili. Have a great night.
                  Cheryle

Comment

Working...
                  X