• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Julie S.
    First Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Duplicate my page?

Hello -

I'm a new trial user, and have just spent a lot of time building my index (Home) page. It's just the way I want it. Now I need to add other pages (product catalogs, product detail pages and such).

So, my question is this: Is there a way to copy and paste the look of the Home page I created to make the other pages match the design aspects so that I don't have to do the header and navigation menu and all the other creative elements over and over again every time I add a new page? If I have to do that, it's going to take me MONTHS to finish this site.

I tried to highlight the home page and "copy" and "paste", but obviously that is not the way to do it.

Thanks a bunch in advance! =)

Julie S.
    www.hanalynn.com
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Just copy and paste the things you want to use on the rest of your pages into a new blank page, then save it as a template. You can build all your new pages using that as a baseline.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Julie S.
      First Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Thank you.

Gotcha... so I just really have to make sure all the page components line up so that the items don't jump around whenever they switch pages.

Thanks =)
      www.hanalynn.com

Comment

• racefan20
        Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Julie S.
        Gotcha... so I just really have to make sure all the page components line up so that the items don't jump around whenever they switch pages.

Thanks =)
        Exactly. And if you copy and paste them all at once, you can leave them "hooked" together on the new page and reposition them as needed. Just go back and forth between the index and the new page until nothing moves. Turning on the rulers in BV will help a lot as well.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X