Jeremy, re: public_html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy, re: public_html

I want to sincerely thank you for directing me to my public_html page. I finally found it. Your instruction to move from left to right on the page was correct, but I still could not upload my PDFs. Well, I finally figured out that the "UP" button changed the C:\ route designation to my J:\ drive which is where I had the PDFs. Nowhere in the tutorials does it explain that because computers come with more than 1 drive, it is possible to change the C:\ (default) to find your information. This is the knowledge I was missing until half an hour ago and I have finally accomplished what I needed. I hope you find this note so I can update you. Thanks again.

Re: Jeremy, re: public_html

Hello, you are very welcome!

If you want to upload the PDF to your FTP simply look for it where you have saved it on your computer on the left. Like you said if you click on the 'UP' it will bring you into higher stages of your computer, mostly like your Documents, then Your Drives and your computer etc.

So find the document, once you found it, drag it to the right side. Once you have done that exit the FTP.

Go to the internet browser and do the following:

- type in your domain (e.g www.mydomain.com/ )
    - with the file (e.g www.mydomain.com/thefile.pdf )

- click enter and you should see the PDF file if there is nothing wrong with the PDF file.

Let me know!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Good. It doesn't work but I think it is a matter of how I am creating the link. My domain/public_html folder title = abusersandcheaters.com. So, do I put a PDF directly under that public_html folder as a PDF with Adobe's % (...10%20Philosophies%20to%20Live%20By.pdf) or create another folder, label it 10philosophies, and put the PDF under that (.../10philosophies.pdf). I have my link currently created as www.abusersandcheaters.com/10philosophies.pdf. When I type this in IE, it says file not found.

Comment

Originally posted by plrm2
        Good. It doesn't work but I think it is a matter of how I am creating the link. My domain/public_html folder title = abusersandcheaters.com. So, do I put a PDF directly under that public_html folder as a PDF with Adobe's % (...10%20Philosophies%20to%20Live%20By.pdf) or create another folder, label it 10philosophies, and put the PDF under that (.../10philosophies.pdf). I have my link currently created as www.abusersandcheaters.com/10philosophies.pdf. When I type this in IE, it says file not found.
        You have to rename the pdf file to match the link.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yeah,

Make sure if the file is named thefile.pdf to put the exact same file name in the link so www.domain.com/thefile.pdf
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

And unless its a free e-book, dont use ANY of the links that have been published in this thread.....otherwise you will be giving it away......
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
            X