put site in suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• put site in suspension

I want to make my add on jewelry site unavailable on the web for a period of time - is there an easy way to do this? I have deleted index from File Manager but I can still get the "Index of...." page - should I just delete its whole folder and when I want to get up and running again - just republish everything? All help appreciated
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Re: put site in suspension

Make a temporary index page, with a "Temporarily out of service" message, and set a redirect from the other pages to your index page. When you want to go live again, remove the redirect and create a normal index.

Solution 2: make the addon folder pass protected, so noone, not even SE will be able to enter.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks I think I did it right - when i go to address i get password request - so no one will be able to access it now right
      Ann

Comment

Ann - this willl lose you all se ranking you may have started to get -

Couldn't you instead make a page saying you are temporarily not accepting orders, or such? Remove all the pay buttons or hide them?

Just a thought.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I suggested two different solutions: one was that of creating such a page as Beth suggested. However, this way has the disadvantage that other pages still get indexed, so you have to either remove them or redirect them, otherwise they will still available as direct links from a SE search page.

The Pass protection is the fastest (but obviously not the best, as SE are concerned) solution.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Beth - I know this is a set back for me but we are going to be traveling out of the country for anywhere from 5 months to 2 years and all merchandise is packed in storage - when we get home will just have to start over many many thanks for all of your help
            Ann

Comment

happy trails
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Ann, sounds like fun to me! That I can understand! Have a great time.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X