Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a 2nd Website

Hi everyone!!

Can anyone tell me how i would go about setting up another website under the same host.
    my first website is (at the moment the two sites are completely linked in one website.
    www.pulselocums.com.au

the second one which i have purchased is and want to transfer to is
    www.achealth.com.au
    I have already transferred over the name servers.

is it correct that i need to click on control panel

either
    1) parked domain
    2) addon domain
    3) subdomain

I dont want to create the wrogn new domain. as i dont know what username and passwords it refers to when i click on addon domain?

I have to make a note that i am using SOHOlaunch to make the website, but i am happy to upload files, but im unsure where? i have read another thread. it said to create a new pulic_html\newsite name

does that mean it should be called pulic_html\achealth.com.au

Please help
    Kind regards,

Zubin H.

Re: Starting a 2nd Website

You could either create a subdomain or an addon domain.

For subdomain tutorial click here

For your purposes it sounds like you want to use the addon domain option which you can find a tutorial of here

Basically if you do the second option you would create a folder within your public_html folder which you would save with the name of your site. You would then add all the files to the new site within this so in effect you are creating a public_html folder within a public_html folder.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Re: Starting a 2nd Website

Thanks very much for your easy to understand advice

I did use an ad-on domain it worked great.

I ran into some other technical issues such as not being able to use soholaunch for each website separately but have been able to create forms needed and left the host be the other website.

i love this website building stuff!! cheers.

Zubin
      www.achealth.com.au
      www.pulselocums.com.au
      www.empirerecruitment.com.au

Comment

Working...
      X