X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special program...phpScheduleIt

Dear Everyone,

I found this great program for free. at sourceforge.net
    its a booking room type program. I was wondering if it is possible to install it. Is there any restrictions to installing this? or can i just go ahead with the instructions below.
    kind regards,
    Zubin

Adding the database and user
    1. Select the MySQL Databases tool
    2. Add a new user with username and password of your choice. This will be the username and password used in your phpScheduleIt config file.
    3. Create a new database with whatever name you choose. This will be the name of the database in your phpScheduleIt config file. 'phpSchedlueIt' is the recommended database name.
    4. Associate the new user with the new database, giving the user permission to SELECT, CREATE, UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE. Click the 'Add User to Db' button.
    Creating the tables
    1. Open phpMyAdmin.
    2. Click on the database name that you just created in the left panel.
    3. Click the SQL tab at the top of the page.
    4. Open install/setup.sql, in your phpScheduleIt directory.
    5. Copy all text starting right after the line 'use phpScheduleIt;' and ending at the line just before 'grant select, insert, update, delete' and paste it into the Run SQL textbox.
    6. Click the 'Go' button.
    Your database, user and tables are now created. Please make sure that the name of the database and user in your config file match what you just created. Many times, an ISP will prefix your database name or cut is short. Please check the created database name and copy that into your config.php file.

Requirements

- PHP 4.3 or higher (4.2.x is supported but not recommended)
    - PEAR::DB (included with most versions of PHP)
    - PEAR::DB supported database. Compatible databases can be found here.
    - End-users need IE5+ or Netscape 6.x+ (Netscape 4.7 or earlier is NOT supported)

Re: special program...phpScheduleIt

From looking at the requirements i'd say this is possible yes and there are no restrictions as far as i'm aware. the only thing i'm not sure of is what version of PHP Voda has so maybe they can enlighten you further.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

thanks, at this stage it became to complicated for me, i keep having a php error and db error, i must be doing something wrong. my lack of database skills doesnt help.

thanks for your assistance in the matter. cheers

Zubin,

Comment

You have probable not entered the correct database/username/password details correctly, as the rest of the installation instructions seem quite straight forward..........

A typical database user name is like this: cpanelname_username and the same type of layout for the other config details.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
        X