Publishing and adding sound files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing and adding sound files

1. I'm trying to publish my website, but the list of Server IP numbers in the drop-down menu does not include my Server IP number. How do I fix this?

2. I'm trying to upload sound (.mp3) files to one of my pages. Is copying the files to my ftp site all I need to do?

Thanks,
    Sandra
    www.randallruback.com
    www.randallruback.com

Re: Publishing and adding sound files

You need to download the latest version of Blue Voda, it will have you IP listed in it.

Just upload the sound file and give a link to it on your website

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded Blue Voda just within the past couple of weeks, after it was last modified. Is there something else I need to do?
      www.randallruback.com

Comment

BV is constantly updated to take into account new IP's. Please follow the advice given.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra Herber
          1. I'm trying to publish my website, but the list of Server IP numbers in the drop-down menu does not include my Server IP number. How do I fix this?

2. I'm trying to upload sound (.mp3) files to one of my pages. Is copying the files to my ftp site all I need to do?

Thanks,
          Sandra
          www.randallruback.com
          To add your MP3 the easiest thing would be on the left of your BV near the center you will find the icons for Windows Media, Quicktime and Real Player.. click on your preference ( I recommend Windows Media) the box will appear and you double click on it...then it will ask you to upload the media file, choose whether to loop the song, hide the box or whatever. I normally place the box behind the webpage to not be visible...hope this helps

Comment

Yes! It worked. I re-downloaded Blue Voda, and my Server IP number did appear in the drop-down menu.

I published my home page, but when I tried to see it on the internet, I got a "page not found" message. Does this have to do with the 24-72 hour waiting period as described in the Login Information email?

Also, do I need to upload all of my .bvp files to the ftp site? Which other files do I need to upload?

Thanks!
            www.randallruback.com

Comment

Just publish your bvp files, do not upload them.....any other file types can be uploaded.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you for the answer about the .bvp files. But is there a reason why I cannot see the index page that I published?
                www.randallruback.com

Comment

Wait a few hours more.......I am assuming that you tried to publish your index page and that it was all in lowercase letters..........
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

No, I tried to publish my index page and got a "this page cannot be found" screen.
                    www.randallruback.com

Comment

Working...
                    X