Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

background music How can I get it to play contiguously on each page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background music How can I get it to play contiguously on each page?

On all my pages can the song (placed in the page properties background -sound-) can I get it to play contiguous when you go from page to page ?
    Instead of it starting over as each page loads?

or what can I do to make it continue through the site with the exception of on the memorial page - I need to have a separate song to play for that page.

The site I'm wanting this to work on is: www.gypsyfeathersranch.com
    Thanks in advance...

Re: background music How can I get it to play contiguously on each page?

As far as i'm aware it is not possible to do what you want as when you leave the current page that the browser is pulling the music from the feed will be lost. I personally don't like music to start right away as soon as the page loads, it usually scares the hell out of me cos my speakers are up high and to be honest would make me go away from the page instantly. If you're going to add music to your site just make sure that you add a button which the customer can click to turn the music off if they want to otherwise you ould be losing traffic and customers.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

You can not do this, every time your visitor goes from one page to another it is causing a page reload, this mean the new page loads from scratch.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Phew! Thanks for backing me up there Voda, i keep doubting myself nowadays. lol
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Thanks guys...
          Thinking back on some web sites I’ve come across, I believe they were flash sites where the music played continually through out the entire site, but the page never changed right? Just the content within the page...

Is there a way to have the content within the same page change and not be flash but look just as good?

I’m working on learning the Flash program, but I’m still at the very, very beginning stage of it all.
          Maybe you guys know someone who is a Flash pro that might help me build this site? Or build me a template I could manage & make changes to?
          My problem with commercial templates is I tend to get too creative and can't do what I want within them.
          Thanks again for your help.
          www.gypsyfeathersranch.com

Comment

Unfortunatly html can't do what it sounds like you want it to do. To make it a bit easier to understand, a html website is made up of lots of different pages so therefore everytime you go to a new page you will load new information therefore starting the music again however a flash website is created in a program which then exports it into one single file so you can have the continuous music if you wish.

If you want someone to help you build your site try Vodabids from Vodahost where people will bid for the work you offer and you can get some really good deals in there.

Comment

okay thanks for the info I'll look in to voda bids in the meantime I'm still working on learning more about flash and HTML

Oh hey another question: what exactly is an XHTML file?
              I've found some stuff I've want to publish but get lost at the xhtml - how do I go about geting it to publish using BV?

Comment

Hey,

Strongly suggest you don't just put the song in the background or it will take to long to load.
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

thanks jeremy - I'm working on that - I'm going to try to add the music with a media player controler :) then it can be controled by viewers - thanks for the tip - I wasen't sure but had an idea that the music was whats making the pages load so slowly - so I'm working on a fix for that now!

Comment

Originally posted by Beck
                    okay thanks for the info I'll look in to voda bids in the meantime I'm still working on learning more about flash and HTML

Oh hey another question: what exactly is an XHTML file?
                    I've found some stuff I've want to publish but get lost at the xhtml - how do I go about geting it to publish using BV?
                    Found this article which may help.......

XHTML is HTML 4.0 Written in XML Format

On January 26, 2000, the W3C announced that HTML 4 has been reformulated into XHTML 1.0. XHTML is HTML 4 written as an XML application.
                    There are two primary parts to XHTML:
                    • HTML 4
                      HTML 4 is a markup language used for displaying text and documents across different platforms and machines. It was originally intended for a very specific audience, and has expanded to include hypertext, multimedia, as well as the style of the documents displayed.
                    • XML
                      XML is an extensible markup language that was developed to retain the flexibility and power of HTML while reducing most of the complexity.

XHTML combines the flexibility of HTML with the extensibility of XML. But what does this mean?
                    In my tags for one browser article, I wrote about HTML tags that are only viewable in one browser or another. Some of these tags had been brought into the HTML 4.0 DTD, and others had not, but the result of using these tags is that your pages will never look the same in all browsers. The only solutions that an HTML writer has are: not use those tags, use those tags and state that the page is meant for one browser or another, or write multiple pages and use scripting techniques to direct readers to the appropriate pages.
                    With XHTML this is not necessary. With XHTML, if you find a need for a new markup tag, you simply define it in an XHTML module and use it in your page as you would any other HTML tag. You can also use XHTML to markup the code as appropriate for the (XHTML compatible) browser that is viewing it. Learn to convert HTML to XHTML

Comment

Beck and Mook-
                      You can have music play in the back ground while pepole surf your site. However- this requires you to design your site around the music function. For an example- check out this page:
                      http://www.netisopen.com/computer/BGMT001/bgmusic.html

Scroll down to the bottom to click on a link to see the example.

In short- you must design your web-site using an I-frame.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy thanks for the lesson! And the email telling me you posted this!
                        Okay I will work on it and let you know how it goes..
                        Just haven't had any computer time this past week - Hoping to have this web site www.gypsyfeathersranch.com done by the end of the coming week though - yeah, I said hoping – I never seem to make my deadlines.. Always adding more :)
                        Again thanks!
                        Beck
                        www.hitchhikinghorses.com

Comment

Working...
                        X