• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lorena771
    Master Sergeant

• Mar 2007

I need direction!

Hello all,
    I'm must not be asking the right questons, have the cart before the horse or something....maybe brain damage... I hate to use any of you good people's time & effort so thank you dearly, in advance.

First off...I have read & watched tutorials, submitted support tckets & all that I can & am still not getting it or missing something somewhere because I keep getting sent back to the tutorials which seem irrelevant to where & what aspect of the process I am attempting to do & mostly just folks saying how great this builder is. I have no doubt that it is user error on my part, but still....I can't find my way thru the maze...seems I must be the weakest link....HA Ha

I guess I am unsure about the structure here. I was thinking I didn't/can't use blue voda tutorials for soho. Am I mistaken that I either build in soholaunch or blue voda?
    I know I've started building in soho and the images shown in the tutorials are nowhere to be found. I can't access the catalog option shown there.

I've gotten my csv of product descriptions etc file uploaded but they all say NULL...shouldn't they be in a dropdown menu also? my images are there.

Would someone please look at what I have done at www.bounteousbasket.com/sohoadmin username =globug - hvnbnd I'll change password afterward.

I apologize for the confusion here.
    Thank you,
    Lorena
    www.bounteousbasket.com
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: I need direction!

Lorena,
    There are completely separate tutorials for Blue Voda and for Soho - they are 2 completely separate programs. So, no you would NOT use the BV tutorials to use Soho. Some people have actually built using both web builders - but for most - you build in one or the other.

Also, you keep starting new threads here - on this same topic :) - when we'd much rather keep it all together.

I'm not sure I can answer the rest of your questions, as I'm not sure if you've uploaded your files to BV or to Soho - but you need them in Soho if that's where you're going to put the products.

It's been a long time since I've worked in Soho - but Karen will be back later this afternoon and should be able to help with this. Maybe someone else using Soho can chime in before then.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Lorena771
      Master Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Beth,
      Thanks for confirming my thinking on bv & soho. The support ticket folks sent me back to bv tutorials so it confused me again. Maybe you know why sme of the tutorials send me to a flash & others to a forum post???

I am using fireftp to upload to soho. I will get the hang of this ....hopefully before you & Karen send electronic darts out of my computer screen!! I will stay on this thread until I get this issue resolved or die trying. I am learning that some things have to be performed in my cpanel & some in sohoadmin... for now a bit more confusing than where we came from.
      Thank you,
      Lorena
      www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

• Lorena771
        Master Sergeant

• Mar 2007

YEA, YEA...1 step closer in soho...I redid the ftp of my csv spreadsheet into the correct folder & the products are in my user table cart_products ... but, I have work to do on the csv file ...I'll be back in touch if this all doesn't work out.
        Thank you,
        Lorena
        www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Yippee - glad you got that part done! I think you were confusing yourself watching BV tutorials when you needed just the Soho ones!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Lorena771
            Master Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Hello again,
            I can't stand being a pest but I am feeling like an incompetent noob all over again. I'm still no further & will have been charged for April's hosting with the other host by now. The answer I got from the support ticket I submitted was to send me to the oscommerce forum. I completed the only related task posted there that I'd found...which was to add my cpanel IP to my PC's system32 host logs which didn't work for propagation as they indicated there.

I've was looking around in my cpanel at fantastico and wondered if I needed to install one of the Content Managers listed there in order to be able to get my products on my site??. (only thing I have installed is oscommerce). As much trouble as I've had trying to get my csv file uploaded correctly (still incorrect) I could have done it manually by now since I only have 130 or so products. I still can't seem to get to the place where the catalog is...or is that a BV feature I mistakenly watched.
            Even manually adding a product did not put it on any of my pages.

I am not getting any error messages anywhere and don't have a clue what questions to be asking either. The getting started tutorials seemed to stop after creating template, pages & categories. I can't figure out where I've gone wrong. Any suggestions? Ideas? Is Hoping to be done before Mother's Day a bad joke?

I appreciate all you've done & do so much.
            Thank you,
            Lorena
            www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Working...
            X