• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CyberShot
    First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

the <div> tag

i am having a majior problem with div tags. i am using them right now to float images over a part of my page. because of the tables, i cannot figure out how to get my image into the page without messing up the alignment of the other images.
    so i get an image where i want it, but as soon as i minimize the page, everything else in my page rescales except for my image. so now my image is no longer where i put it. is there a way to get the image to stay where i told it to go.
    here is the code i am using

<td>
    <div
    style="
    top: 125;
    left:650;
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 1;
    visibility: show;">
    <SCRIPT src="displayFlash.js"></SCRIPT></div>
    </td>

the code is for a flash menu that is not currently available to be seen on my site.
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Re: the &lt;div&gt; tag

You're trying to do things that aren't possible with BV, and you're making a mess in the process. You can't open a template designed to be edited with Dreamweaver (or a similar program) in BlueVoda and build a page from it. BV is not an html editing program and never will be.

If you like that template so much, you need to open it in a program like Photoshop, Paint Shop or Fireworks, compile it the way you want and save it as a .jpg image. Then, you can load it into BV as an image and add other page elements on top of it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• CyberShot
      First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

yes, but i see that as not something that would work. becuase when i maximize my page, everything would move off the image. hence my first post.
      i am using all kinds of different software for this process including blue voda, but i find that it's limmiting for the things i am trying to do. so what i need to do is figure out how to get my menu that is floating away into a table so that it will stay put.

Comment

• racefan20
        Major General

• Jul 2005

Very incorrect. If you place a large image onto a page, any elements placed on top of it will remain in place.

An example can be seen on one of my sites, click here

The background on that site is one huge .jpg file onto which lots of other elements, including text and html files have been placed.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• CyberShot
          First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

ok, i looked and did turn my template into a jpg. it came with a photoshop image. so i loaded the jpeg into blue voda and published it as a test page.
          so i will have to do alot of image work in photoshop to get it to look like my webpage. ok, i will give it a shot.
          do you know why when you add html or javascript in blue voda, it doesn't display, all i see is that little window that says html or java. why doesn't it run the code and produce what you put in there? or will it run it when i publish the page?

Comment

• racefan20
            Major General

• Jul 2005

You should at least see it when you preview the page. I'm not sure how far you've read on some of this, but the way to add most scripts (html, java and more) to a BV page is to click on the html icon on the left toolbar and paste the script in there. You can then reposition it the way you'd like, using the preview feature to see how it will look when "live".
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• CyberShot
              First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

yes i see. i have had some success with the template image. i just published it and it worked. but i will have to cut the image into multiple pieces because when i stretch the image over the text, it stretches the image and makes it look runny.

Comment

• CyberShot
                First Sergeant

• Jan 2007

that solved my problem. your last post about using the html code button got my menu inplace. thanks for that tidbit. now i will have to spend time editing the image. now i see how this stuff can be done better. i think i like makeing an image in photoshop and then bringing it into bluevoda to be edited more.
                the only down side is that you don't learn as much about the code by using the website builder.

Comment

• racefan20
                  Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by CyberShot
                  the only down side is that you don't learn as much about the code by using the website builder.
                  That's true, you don't. But, you can use BV to build quick and easy pages while you take your time learning how to code through another program. Once you have a handle on that, the sky is the limit. Best of luck to you.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• racefan20
                    Major General

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by CyberShot
                    yes i see. i have had some success with the template image. i just published it and it worked. but i will have to cut the image into multiple pieces because when i stretch the image over the text, it stretches the image and makes it look runny.
                    That's another important thing to consider - when creating the .jpg background, make sure you're sizing it to fit the area of the page you plan to place it. Just as BV isn't an html editor, it's also not an image editor, so trying to resize images doesn't work all that well.

It's a trial and error thing, but pretty simple once you've messed with it a little.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• navaldesign
                      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Posts #9 & 10: wisely said.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                      X