• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryski
    Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Addon Domain Name setup

Hello
    I hope you can help, because i have made a mistake and i am not sure how to fix it. I have one site already which is called
    www.cashflow4life.org and i have now added an add on domain to my account so i can set up a completely different site. My new addon name is www.phoenixtkd.net i have uploaded my first page, but when i put my new domain name in it doesn't find it, but when i enter http://www.cashflow4life.org/phoenixtkd/ it comes up. I wanted to be able to use my new domain only to my new site, have i set something up wrong. Please help.

Cheers
    Brian
  • Bryski
    Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Re: Addon Domain Name setup

Hello
    Yes, it comes up as accommodation, flights info etc. But thats not my site. Not sure what happened there.
    Cheers
    Bryski

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

You must add your new site as an "Add-On" domain in your control panel.
      If you have done this .... then

Your very first page you publish, needs to be again, named index, saved as index and published as index.

I suggest you make a folder on your computer, called 2nd domain, in which to store the new .bvp files you will create for this domain. This will prevent overwriting your index file of your other domain.

You then publish this new index page to public_html/phoenixtkd

You would then retrieve that page via your new domain name ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• lordlogo
        Corporal

• Mar 2007

Ladyeye,

I am sorry as I have already opened a forum just like this one, and you showed me how to publish my pages. But you did this as an addon. I published them like you said as public_html/teamnewidea and the same thing as above happened to my account. It is only accessable through teamnewidea.lordlogo.com. I saved it as an index page and created the folder even like you said. If there was just a clear and exact way on telling us EXACTLY how to get from our MAIN cpanel domain name to use the second domain name that we purchased in a similar fashion. I am half tempted to just purchase a whole new hosting package through BV because this isnt working out ha ha. I guess I am just missing a huge peice of the puzzle or something. Anyway hit me up with an idea when you get back to this forum and realize that none of us know what we are doing.
        Cheers,

Logos, Web Design, and much more CLICK HERE

Design, and Christian forum please CLICK HERE

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by lordlogo
          Ladyeye,

I am sorry as I have already opened a forum just like this one, and you showed me how to publish my pages. But you did this as an addon. I published them like you said as public_html/teamnewidea and the same thing as above happened to my account. It is only accessable through teamnewidea.lordlogo.com. I saved it as an index page and created the folder even like you said. If there was just a clear and exact way on telling us EXACTLY how to get from our MAIN cpanel domain name to use the second domain name that we purchased in a similar fashion. I am half tempted to just purchase a whole new hosting package through BV because this isnt working out ha ha. I guess I am just missing a huge peice of the puzzle or something. Anyway hit me up with an idea when you get back to this forum and realize that none of us know what we are doing.
          Hi again

You do not need to purchase an additional hosting package to get your other domain working. It seems as though something has gone wrong.

You need to check a few things ...

1) Go into your control panel, go into file manager, go into public_html folder and see if it contains a folder called teamnewidea

If you see this folder in there chances are that you have added this on correctly as an add on domain

2) I noticed in another of your posts that you were wondering about the server names for this new domain name. You will use the same server ip for this new domain as your main domain. The only thing that changes is where you publish to.

3) The public_html directory is the directory that you publish your main domain to and within it hopefully you will find the add on domain folder named teamnewidea

Check and see what you have going on in your control panel.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• lordlogo
            Corporal

• Mar 2007

Ladyeye,

This is kind of a complication as I know the teamnewidea folder exists.... BUT the reason I know this is because after reading about 30 of these forums that tell me the same thing I thought I needed to manually add it. Considering the fact that I tried what every single of the same forum said. I feel like an idiot because you guys keep explaining the same thing... Which must be frustrating and I want you to know that I am following your exact steps. So what I did was went ahead and cleared all my addons, and then cleared my subs, and then went back through and added them and added a teamnewidea folder. Both in BV and c-panel. Should it say public_html/teamnewidea or just teamnewidea in the cpanel? Because I publish to public_html/teamnewidea and it goes to the teamnewidea.lordlogo.com. There must be some kind of mistake or something.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.
            Cheers,

Logos, Web Design, and much more CLICK HERE

Design, and Christian forum please CLICK HERE

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Let's start at the beginning again and go through the process.

Go into your control panel and click the “Addon Domains” icon …

Fill in these areas

New Domain Name = teamnewidea.com

Username/directory/subdomain Name: = teamnewidea

Password = this can be your choice

Then within a few minutes, this should be all available for you to publish a page built with blue voda to the directory public_html/teamnewidea

Try all of this again …. These are the steps you need to do ….

With your newly built file folder on your own computer, you will create a new index page, save, name and publish as index to public_html/teamnewidea

You need to actually add the teamnewidea to the publishing pop up box that appears when you go to publish from your blue voda website builder (again you would need to remove this when publishing to your main domain - you must do this by typing this in yourself)

If all of this does not work successfully for you ater this try, then it appears you may have a problem.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X