Navigation Bar - Do any BlueVoda nav bars reduce in size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lorikirstein
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Navigation Bar - Do any BlueVoda nav bars reduce in size?

Hello everyone! Happy weekend!

I put in a ticket to ask about Navigation Bars, because I found when I went to reduce my page to an 800 width, that the nav bar I had would not reduce in order to "play nice" with the rest of the page. The answer that came back was that the nav bars do not reduce.

Does anyone know of any cool tricks to counteract this problem? Perhaps certain navigation bars and not others will in fact reduce? Or some kind of a form fix or something clever like that?

I really love the nav bar I chose, but I would like to make the page be the right width, so...any thoughts on this are most welcome!

Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Navigation Bar - Do any BlueVoda nav bars reduce in size?

Originally posted by lorikirstein
    Hello everyone! Happy weekend!

I put in a ticket to ask about Navigation Bars, because I found when I went to reduce my page to an 800 width, that the nav bar I had would not reduce in order to "play nice" with the rest of the page. The answer that came back was that the nav bars do not reduce.

Does anyone know of any cool tricks to counteract this problem? Perhaps certain navigation bars and not others will in fact reduce? Or some kind of a form fix or something clever like that?

I really love the nav bar I chose, but I would like to make the page be the right width, so...any thoughts on this are most welcome!

Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    They don't reduce in size, but you can reduce the amount of spaces between each button, and the other thing you could do, would be to make two individual rows of navigation buttons, just put half in each navigation row ... know what I mean.... are you running them across the page? If so, you could trying running them down the left side of the page and this may give you ample room .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• lorikirstein
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Yeah, I thought of that, but I am so in love with my page the way it is. And the two-row thing just looks unprofessional to me. Now here was another thought I had: I wonder if it's possible to put a Go menu into a nav bar? Do you know?
      Lori
      www.lkarts.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Yeah, I thought of that, but I am so in love with my page the way it is. And the two-row thing just looks unprofessional to me. Now here was another thought I had: I wonder if it's possible to put a Go menu into a nav bar? Do you know?
        I don't believe that is possible, however, maybe what you could do is elimite so many buttons. A thought may be to have internal sub navigation. If it is appropriate ... this would all depend on what your navigation pages are though ....

Also, you could take the buttons into an image editing program and reduce their size there, and then you would also need to reduce your font. Perhaps you could play around with them that way ... Just another idea for you .... Go to your site and save a button as an image and then take it to reduce its size ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• lorikirstein
          Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Hey, that's a really fantastic idea!!! Thank you!
          Lori
          www.lkarts.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Hey, that's a really fantastic idea!!! Thank you!
            Awe, you see as we muddle through our chatting, we always find a way ... what's the old saying "Where there is a will, there is a way"

Good Luck & who knows what you will create now!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• lorikirstein
              Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

WOW. Well, we truly are awesome, no question there, but I did try that, and you know what the problem ended up being? I could go into Paint and reduce each individual menu box, but then when I put a title on it I had to do so by creating a piece of text, and that is not clickable on the web. If you avoid the text and click the button, you're okay, but the text is a no-go.

Boo hoo! But we tried, and I agree that where there's a will there's a way, so I haven't given up!
              Lori
              www.lkarts.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

WOW. Well, we truly are awesome, no question there, but I did try that, and you know what the problem ended up being? I could go into Paint and reduce each individual menu box, but then when I put a title on it I had to do so by creating a piece of text, and that is not clickable on the web. If you avoid the text and click the button, you're okay, but the text is a no-go.

Boo hoo! But we tried, and I agree that where there's a will there's a way, so I haven't given up!

No No, you can also link the text .... just highlight the text, go up to insert, insert link and then your text is also linked ....

Woo hoo, back in business again .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Bethers
                  Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Did you take your new image and upload it to your BV navigation file of images? Then you can call up that new image to use and use the navigation menu as intended :)
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Have a look at Custom Buttons for Nav Bar for detailed instructions
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• lorikirstein
                      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Okay, you guys are simply fantastic! I feel so accompanied!

THANK YOU!!! Now I'm going going to go play with these new ideas, and see what kind of trouble I can get into.

Ohmilord, will someone make sure I don't simply disappear into my computer and never come out? (They made a movie like that...Tron...)
                      Lori
                      www.lkarts.com

Comment

• lorikirstein
                        Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

One more question about this? How do I go find a way to make a drop-down from one of these navigation buttons?
                        Lori
                        www.lkarts.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Dropdown menus can NOT be customized with buttons. They can be customized by clicking on "Style" in the drop down Properties dialog box.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• lorikirstein
                            Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

So you have to either do a regular bar, or do a nav bar that is entirely composed of dropdown menus?
                            Lori
                            www.lkarts.com

Comment

• proactivator
                              First Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Hi lorikirstein,
                              If you are prepared to outlay $35.00 there is a really elegant piece of software to create virtually any button you want, any size you want. I have no commercial connection with them: I just love the program. If you are interested you will find it at buttongadget.com
                              http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Working...
                              X