Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navigation Bar - Do any BlueVoda nav bars reduce in size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Navigation Bar - Do any BlueVoda nav bars reduce in size?

Hey Sarge!

Thanks for the info!

Lori
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Comment

Originally posted by lorikirstein
      So you have to either do a regular bar, or do a nav bar that is entirely composed of dropdown menus?
      Yes, at least with BV menu bar and nav bar features.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

How does one add a drop down to just one of the nav bar buttons?
        Lori
        www.lkarts.com

Comment

Nav Bar, in BV's terminology, is the button based static menu bar. As already said before, you CAN NOT combine the drop down with the nav bar buttons.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Actually, I have found two neat little tweaks/programs that save me ALOT of frustration and time when it comes to this. both of their actions can be used simply by right-clicking. these two programs do two totally different things, but in any situation (so far) I can resize the image and overwrite the original, OR simply go with a newly resized version of the image. This feature can only be used within the bounds of windows explorer environment such as OPEN>file dialogs ..images on the desktop, etc.

this nifty feature can be added to your "right-click" context menu by installing the: ImageResizer Powertoy for WindowsXP
            search Microsoft's download section for it.

The second addition to my "right-click" is the: Pky Basket
            OOOOOOOHHH THIS ONE IS AWESOME. Simply put,after I "right-click" the image, I can either choose to "Copy file paths to Clipboard" ...which is handy when I find an image located in a large folder tree. Or mainly, "Drop into Basket" ...as many images at once or selected indivually. Then I can navigate to these images' new destination folder (OR to an application's "Select File" dialog window) and "right-click" in an empty area within the folder window and choose to COPY TO, MOVE TO, or "SELECT(individually)" the contents of the "Basket".

With the two additions to the "right-click" menu installed - see Example

Example -- Changing the size of a BlueVoda navbar button (OR adding new):

Make it fit in under 30 seconds
            (using Pky Basket + Image Resizer Powertoy for WindowsXP)

1. Preparation/Navigation (Fast shortcut...without creating one!!!)
            1a) Navigate to this folder: (bluevoda's progrm folder)
            C:\Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder

1b) Right-click the folder:
            navbar

and choose from the menu:
            Pky Basket>Copy Paths to Clipboard
            (done with that so close out the window)

1c) On the keyboard, press:
            Logo+R
            (The Windows logo key)+R

(Just as quickly with a mouse...click the START button and then Run)

1d) More keystrokes:
            Ctrl+V to paste folder's path; then...
            press ENTER and Windows will display the contents of the "navbar" folder.
            The only advantage that Pky Basket's "Copy Paths to..." command provided up to this point seems mininmal in that it only eliminated a few clicks, double-clicks, and right clicking.
            The good thing about using the "Run" commandto open a folder is that, the next time you open the "Run" dialog box, the previous entry will automatically be selected from the drop-down list of entries you've used.
            NOW FOR THE TEST: From Preview to Preview this took me...

28 sec. | 31 sec. | 26 sec.
            2. SHOWTIME:
            **I'm previewing my BV page and see that I need to adjust the size of the navbars to accomodate the style of text I need to use without having to give up the AWESOME navbar menu or making it difficult on myself***
            2a) *preview browser window is active window, step 1 has been done already*

Alt+F4
            Logo+R
            ENTER

scroll down fast using mousewheel
            (looking for the thumbnail of the button I need to change)

right-click>"Resize Pictures"
            choose: Custom
            double click 1st edit box
            type some #'s
            TAB
            type some #'s
            TAB
            SPACEBAR --to select the button: Advanced>>
            click check box for: "Resize the original pictures (don't create copies)
            "Ok"
            double-click navbar menu in BV
            "Styles" Tab (wait for the two drop-downs to appear)
            "Ok"
            Alt+S
            click icon for "Preview"

Score!!!
            Hotkeys RULE!!!

Enjoy!

I also use a very nice photo resizer for images that's free (not from a freeware site) called, PhotoRazor, that you can find here:

http://www.stormdance.net/

Robert
            www.GraphXntrix.com
            Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

I would have thanked you much earlier, but I was kicked off of the system for some reason. Now I'm back, so

THANK YOU!
              Lori
              www.lkarts.com

Comment

I posted this in reply to someone else, but you might find it useful as well.

If we're talking about the same thing, I used to use a workaround for this. I didn't much care for the look of the drop down menus created in BV, but I wanted that functionality.

So, I created a navbar the usual way, using buttons I'd made in a graphics program. My navbar at the time was dark blue, so I created drop down menus that matched the dark blue I'd used for the buttons on the navbar, and then placed the drop down on top of the button I wanted.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Can I post? (This is a test!)
                  Lori
                  www.lkarts.com

Comment

Okay, I can post. Thank you thank you! I appreciate that last thought, Racefan.
                    Lori
                    www.lkarts.com

Comment

Working...
                    X