Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My site automatically resizes to 125%, fix plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site automatically resizes to 125%, fix plz!

My site is beautiful all small and looks great in the preview. Even after I upload all the html and pictures to my host it looks fine. Everythings fine from my comp. But if I open my site up from another computer, the page looks like it's at 125% size. Plus it's no longer centered. I've tried it with at least 3 different computers and multiple browsers. They all say it's 100% but it's very obviously bigger. How do I fix this? I'd even resize every page one by one, if I have to.

Re: My site automatically resizes to 125%, fix plz!

Are you building in Blue Voda??

If you are, you should consider setting your page widths to '800 - the length can vary ... and this also means resizing any elements on the pages, images, graphics, text, etc., to remain within the '800 width guidelines. Begin your page tight to the very top and left of your screen, lock at '800 width and this should fix your problem ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

yes, i am using Bluevoda
      and yes, I the current size is 800 x 600

I'm thinking if I set it to like 1200 x 1000, it might shrink everything to what i want. But it's weird because my browser shows no change.

Comment

Originally posted by thiev
        yes, i am using Bluevoda
        and yes, I the current size is 800 x 600

I'm thinking if I set it to like 1200 x 1000, it might shrink everything to what i want. But it's weird because my browser shows no change.

No actually, it won't shrink, it you set it to 1200 wide, you will have sideways scroll ....

Can you post your link so we can have a look ....

Most people build with the '800 width and then that way, it avoids having sideways scroll on anyones computer.

If you are building in '800 width, perhaps there is a picture or something that is outside of that width, the page will automatically adjust to accommodate that when published ...

You would need to republish your pages, and click refresh to show your changes .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

sorry, it's http://ethievery.com/

Comment

Hi there

Well your template that you are using is set at 934' wide itself ... so not sure what the original size of it is, but if you could reduce it on the page without distorting the look of it, reduce it to '800 wide that will fix that, also tick center in browser on your page properties ...

Just do this by grabbing the blue handles on its edges, or right click and hit "restore image to original size" and see what size that is ....

The .gif image - the eye - is over 1 mb in size, that's pretty heavy to have on for your home page, you might rethink that one ...

Other than that, you should be okay ....

You also have a link to this http://www.free-site-host.com/upgrade.jsp on the right of your page, which will also increase its width, you should remove or replace that ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X