Re: server space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: server space

I update pics,MP3s...etc a lot. When I delete a file and replace it, is the old file still using up server space, or do I need to use the same file name to overwrite the old one?

Once you delete it, you get the space back. Overwriting basically the same (it deletes the old and adds the new with the same name).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the reply. A somewhat related question: If I have no more use for a page, and I delete it from my folder, do I get that space back, or, can I change the name of that page, which is a subdomain. Or change the domain name? Keith

Comment

Any time you delete anything you get the space back that it consumes. Changing the name doesn't delete anything.

PS. You have a huge amount of space on VodaHost servers, you don't need to worry about running out of space unless you plan on using all 24 gigs of space your account is allowed to consume

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was concered about that. Keith

Comment

Working...
          X