Paypal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal question

I have used payal for a long time now have always used a fixed price. I did have a quick look around paypals website and did not see what I was looking for. I am pretty sure you can have people click on paypal to pay by credit card and fill in where they can pay you an amount you request.

Can anyone confirm this and point me in the right direction.

Thanks Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Paypal question

Is this what you mean?
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Mook that is the page I am after, not sure if they have what i want, I will have a good look through.

Thanks for the link.

Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

no worries
        Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Paul

I think what you want is in website payment preferences, where you can accept either their paypal account or they can use a credit card. You have to sign in and then its in the third column under profile I think.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Paul

I think what you want is in website payment preferences, where you can accept either their paypal account or they can use a credit card. You have to sign in and then its in the third column under profile I think.

Karen
            Karen its probably me who is not explaining myself. The reason being i am not sure if I can do this. I have never needed it before.

What i am trying to say is...If I did some work for someone and they did not have a paypal account, could they pay me with their credit card, without me setting a button up for that amount.

Say it was £55 and the week after I did some work for £100, can I have an option where they click on to pay by paypal with their card and then place the amount somwhere on the page that they owe. I know you can do this easily if both people have a paypal account as I have sent money for work that people have done for me on here. I then get the option of placing in a box the amount I want to send. So can I set a button up through paypal where the person without an account can click on and then fill in the amount they want to send.

So this is what I am asking, all I have ever done before is set up a button for a certain amount and of course they have no way of changing this amount.

I hope that is a bit clearer, but maybe not :) It maybe very easy to do this or maybe it is not an option, it is something I have never needed in the past, so i have never looked into it.

Paul
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Or, you can define the amount on your site, then send them to paypal. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/payment_general.php
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Or you can bill them through paypal - and they don't need an account. It's very simple - you send them the bill through paypal, they click on it to pay.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Or you can bill them through paypal - and they don't need an account. It's very simple - you send them the bill through paypal, they click on it to pay.
                  Beth I thought they needed an account, I have just checked and you are right, silly me if I had just pressed on the request money tab then I would have read the info I needed. I was convinced to request in the normal way they needed an account as they do when sending.

It seems then that as long as they have an email address they don't need an account.

I will give it a trial run, thanks for clearing it up for me.

Paul
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Bethers is right.... you can easily bill someone using Paypal for goods or services. Just make sure you have their correct email address and make sure you state your company name in the subject line.
                    Naturally Yours,
                    Dori
                    www.earthelixirs.com
                    www.earthelixirsinc.com
                    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Yes Dori, I was just wondering if you could create a button that gave people the option of how much they wanted to pay, seems not. But as long as I can send non paypal members an invoice then there is not a problem.

By the way Dori nice to see you, I may have missed you but not seen you post in a while.

Paul
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

As i stated in post #7, you can create whatever PayPal button you wish, not only for the amount, but also for the item description, currency, shipping etc. If you visit the link i gave you, yo will see tha you can enter both the descripton and the amount, and have the button automatically generated.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

As i stated in post #7, you can create whatever PayPal button you wish, not only for the amount, but also for the item description, currency, shipping etc. If you visit the link i gave you, yo will see tha you can enter both the descripton and the amount, and have the button automatically generated.
                          Naval sorry I did not mean to ignore your post I must have just scrolled past it and thank you for the link.

I am a little confused here. How do I get that form on my site? Is it a service I pay for? Maybe I have missed the obvious here so bear with me.
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh right I see this is your site and you create the form.
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

If you wish, contact me. I will tell you what i need to make such a page for you.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X