Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search question - how to rename my "index" page name for internet search results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search question - how to rename my "index" page name for internet search results

Good morning/afternoon/evening! (I sound like Jim Carrey in that movie...)

Can anyone tell me how to change the name on the link that shows up in google when someone looks for my company. Right now the word "index" shows, rather than anything like my Site name or whatever.

Thank you!
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Re: Search question - how to rename my "index" page name for internet search results

Change the title of your index page, most likely there isnt one, or you named it "index". Once you update that you have to wait for google to crawl your website again and it will be updated

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Search question - how to rename my "index" page name for internet search results

If you don't know how to change the title - right click on blank space on your BV page and go to page properties - this is where you put the title and meta description and meta keywords. The title and description are very important and you should do these for each page - and each page should be different.

For more information on Search Engine Optimization - click the last link in my signature :)
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thing is, if my index page isn't named index, I thought that went abainst a cardinal rule of page naming! (All of my pages, by the way, do have distinct names that follow a singular naming convention.)

Thoughts?
        Lori
        www.lkarts.com

Comment

Any page can be called anything Except the index page.
          Why?
          Because all browsers look for this page first(thats why its called index)
          and its only saved and published as index.
          You can call it whatever you like in the page properties........
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

In case you didn't follow what David just said - the page NAME for purposes of publishing HAS to be index. That has nothing to do with the page TITLE that you are asking about - which can be whatever you want.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I just had an "ah haaa" moment! You guys are the best!
              Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Hi! I was erroneously shut down yesterday for some reason and couldn't reply all of this time. So, now I seem to be back! Whew.

Here's what I get when I look for my pages (see attachment). How do I get those names not to be "classes", "experience"? I have renamed the pages in the Page Properties area, but it doesn't seem to be taking, even though I've uploaded.

???

Thanks!

Lori
                Attached Files
                Lori
                www.lkarts.com

Comment

I can't see that thumbnail - but did you publish the pages after you made the changes?
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yep, sure did. What that thumbnail looks like is this:

index
                    yada yada yada yada

instead of

LKarts Acting School
                    yada yada yada yada

Does that make more sense than that crazy illegible thumbnail?

Lori
                    Lori
                    www.lkarts.com

Comment

If you click on the thumbnail you can view it, it enlarges ....

What you are seeing is the listings in google, etc.,

These won't change for awhile until they update the listings, they will change after a while for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, Holly.

I didn't realize you meant that it wasn't changing immediately in search results - thought you meant the title wasn't changing on your pages.

As Holly said - it can take awhile for changes to make it to the search results. They may not have even spidered you again since you made that change. And even if they had - no saying all their centers would yet have the update.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                        X