• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Natalie25
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Re: Please Help Me.................

oh has someone fixed it as the only one I cant get into now is the testimonials page and I certainly have not fixed it

Comment

• karel
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Natalie, keep calm and take deep breaths, you remind me of myself last year when I was all for having a boxing match with my P.C, looks like you are getting there, some people on here are more techie than me and will help you out, good luck.

Try and keep smiling.

Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Natalie25
        Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Originally posted by Robert
        ok, so what you can do is try this...start BlueVoda (BV) and just open new blank page...close out any open versions of your pages if already open. save if prompted to.

open up BlueFTP from BlueVoda and login in(connect)...on the right side, delete the newly named pages...ONLY THE ".html" pages....leave everything else. Disconnect.

on the left side (in BlueFTP)..."right-click" the same new pages (.bvp versions) and choose: "Rename" ....simply type in the original names for each page you wanted to save them as (the pages you wanted to overwrite, rename new to old)

Now that you renamed them, switch to BV and now OPEN each one and SAVE then PUBLISH

this should take care of getting the pagenames corrected.

as for old leftover files...one way would be to navigate to each webpage and then save to desktop as "complete webpage"...repeat for pages you want to keep...***doing this will save the html file and create a folder on your desktop for that page with all the included images/files in it. combine the contents of all these pages' folders and then open up BlueFtp again and connect. on the left side...navigate up through the directories until you see the folder you combined all the image/files into on your desktop and double-click it.

you can arrange them by "Name" to see them in order and then simply compare the left side with the right side..which ever files are not listed on the left(to keep) but are listed on the right(old files, throw away) delete them.

all should be comfortably manageable after this.

oh, and you may need to fix the link on you index page for the gown photo.. it should be set to URL:

i hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is to sort thru these things.
        Right can you tell me what Blue FTP is Im so embarrased sorry

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

FTP = File transfer protocol. Ususally a software for uploading / downloading files from the server. Blue Voda has a buit in FTP, called Blue FTP, under Tools / FTP Manager.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Natalie25
            Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

right I have done the first part of what Robert has said and I get a 404 on my gallery and testimonials, I have went in and saved and published them all and still nothing any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X