• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is eabfiltr

I just installed kaspersky and it gave the popup:

Suspicious Action: Keylogger
    Running Module: \Driver\eabfiltr
    Action: Keylogger detected. Process is trying to redirect Keyboard input.

Options [allow] [Terminate]

And I can not terminate it.

Is it a legitimate program/routine or a virus/trojan?

Can anyone help out?

Re: what is eabfiltr

The process QLB PS/2 Keyboard filter driver belongs to the software Quick Launch Buttons by Hewlett-Packard Company (www.hp.com).
    Description: File EABFiltr.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 7432 bytes (57% of all occurrence), 7080 bytes.

The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program is not visible. There is no detailed description of this service. File EABFiltr.sys is not a Windows core file. It is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. Therefore the technical security rating is 21% dangerous.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as EABFiltr.sys, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the EABFiltr.sys process on your pc whether it is pest.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks racefan20

I've checked File EABFiltr.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 7432 bytes

And I found it

So is it Save to Allow it

Because I don’t have another option!

Comment

You can delete it if you want, but there's probably no reason to and deleting it may affect keyboard and mouse functions.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thnx Alot

Comment

Working...
          X