• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kachano
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Blue Voda or Soholaunch?

Hi,

I have been working on me website for months using BV website builder. I have made a lot of progress and planning to publish the website shortly but then a question keeps crossing my mind so I decided to put it up here and get your expert opinion.

I am planning to sell high resolution photos (travel, education, religion, culture, architecture etc) through me website. So the question is which builder, BV or Soholaunch, in your opinion is suitable for running such website?

Thanking you in advance for your input.

Kachano
    Thailand
    Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Blue Voda or Soholaunch?

Either of them are quite capable. The question is - how do you intend to collect the money and what type of shopping cart do you need?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• kachano
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

I plan on collecting via paypal. What type of shopping care do I nee? I have no idea about the types. Can you please help me with this, Bethers?
      Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Comment

• aconstas1
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Paypal has a shopping cart with very limited options, but you can use it with either BV or Soho site. Soho has a free shopping cart offered that you can use. Some people find that it offers them all of the functions that they need and others do not. Bvoda does not have a shopping cart included. If you want to use a BV site, you can either create another Soho domain shopping cart that you link to with your BV site, or you can use some other shopping carts out there. There are free shopping carts and ones that you purchase. The ones that you purchase have more flexibility in the functions that you can use. Beth is a registered dealer for a shopping cart that she uses with all her pages. I can't comment on how good it is, you'd have to ask her.
        Best Regards,
        Alex
        Surveillance Systems
        Restaurant POS | Retail POS
        Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

If you build in BV - you need to have a shopping cart that you can use by adding html coding. I use Cart Manager. You could also use Mal's E - or Paypal by itself - all of these allow you to add the code.

If you want a catalog driven shopping cart - then you want to look at Soho or OSCommerce or Zen Cart, etc.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• jars7
            Private First Class

• Apr 2007

What exactly is a catalog driven shopping cart?

My website is http://www.decoratingwithelegance.net

I want to rebuild it with either Blue Voda or Soholaunch. I am not sure which one to choose.

Can you help me decide.

I use Pay Pal for transactions.

Also, shopping carts are expensive to me, the ones that allow transactions for credit cards other than using Pay Pal.

Is there no way around this?

Thanks,

jars7

Comment

• cre8tivelegance
              Sergeant

• Feb 2007

I too had a heck of a time deciding on what shopping cart to use. Part of my problem was building my website first then adding the shopping cart, I guess this is a backwards way of doing it because your shopping cart dictates how your site is set up. Having said that, I did accomplish the task. I decided to use paypal as they have a free shopping cart. By the way, I built my website using Bvoda (not soholaunch).

What I didn't like about paypal was they have a drop down menu but only allow 10 choices.......I sell candles in close to 50 different fragrances. So, only giving 10 choices didn't work for me. What I ended up having to do was re-create my fragrance page and add the html code for each fragrance and then link the fragrances. If you go to http://www.greatcandlesbymary.com/candlefragrances.html you'll see what I'm talking about.....sounds more complicated than what it actually was......it was just very time consuming.

Another thing I didn't like about paypal was adding "actual" shipping costs. Paypal doesn't allow this but they do allow you to charge shipping based on percentages. I really didn't like this but until I sell enough to justify changing, I'm sticking with paypal due to the ease of using them as my gateway. Hope this helps in your decision :)

Comment

Working...
              X