what's up community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's up community

happy to be here but i have one question so far . . .is it better to have a external hard drive to save the download or should i start this website on my already full hard drive. you see i'm a filmmaker so i have a lot of video clips saved. i want the performance of the site to be peak. help me out. i never done this before.

Re: what's up community

Where you store your website pages on your computer will have no effect on your actual website.
    Just be aware that BV will look for your objects(images, clips etc) from the first link that you open them from.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

If your external hard drive is slower to access, save to, retrieve from, etc. you may consider freeing up some space on your internal drive because you will be doing a lot of this.
      Best Regards,
      Alex
      Surveillance Systems
      Restaurant POS | Retail POS
      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

I was thinking that you may want to save some of your video clips on an external hard drive to free up some space on your computer hard drive for when you develop your web site.
        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

http://www.streamload.com/

Since your videos are going to be shared on the internet and you won't have the common worry of uploading private information on an external web server, you might want to consider storing your videos on this free "on line" storage server. This will help free up some space on your own computer.

Once you publish your videos on your site, you can move them from your computer. Just keep in mind that when you open your .bvp file that you made with the video on it, the video won't show up on your own computer anymore, however, it will still be on your web page you published, unless you then go and make changes.

Anyway, at streamload you can upload 25 gb of data, movies, images, etc. This is all free. You are however, limited to a certain amount of downloads per month before you would have to sign up to download more, but it's only like $5.00 a month or so anyway if you wanted to download everything all in one day ...

Hope this helps anyone looking for free storage ... just keep in mind what you might want to send up there ... It's supposed to be safe, but that's always a debatable topic isn't it ... but it is safe for what you want to share ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X