Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two domains can I use one package?

Hi Support/Helpful Members,

I purchased two domain names from this website, and one hosting package. Is it possible to host both domains on the one plan or do I need to purchase two seperate subscriptions? I know that you can subdomain but that ISNT what I want to do. I want to host both of them on there own seperate domains. The two websites I purchased were LordLogo.com which is the one that I can publish pages and have full access to. And the teamnewidea.com is just purchased and I would like to use that website. What must I do in order to have both of them on one account package? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

LordLogo
    Cheers,

Logos, Web Design, and much more CLICK HERE

Design, and Christian forum please CLICK HERE

Re: Two domains can I use one package?

You can have any number of domains on one hosting account - you set up your first, and the other would be an add on domain. It will have its own identity. All my sites are on the one hosting account.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thank you very much,

I usually submit a ticket but that takes days to get answered. I will just keep using this forum for questions. Greatly appreciated thank you very much!

Sincerely,

LordLogo
      Cheers,

Comment

Trish,

Actually that didnt do it at all. I remember I did the add-on before and it did the same thing. Ok first of all my original website is LordLogo.com which I purchased then I purchased a hosting account. The other domain is teamnewidea.com. Ok so my main hosting service is with lordlogo.com. So I add the addon domain name and it says teamnewidea@lordlogo.com(/teamnewidea) which isnt what I want. I want my OWN seperate email account for lordlogo which I have, and my own seperate account for teamnewidea.com. This is probably challenging. Somehow it isnt working out for me. And when I click publish the all publish to lordlogo.com? How do I send some files to lordlogo.com and some to teamnewidea.com? Thanks for your time, patience, and knowledge. Also sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
        Cheers,

Comment

I would help, except I been waiting 3 days for them to gimme my site to publish & all its details, probably because its easter, Meh, just have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlogo
            Trish,

Actually that didnt do it at all. I remember I did the add-on before and it did the same thing. Ok first of all my original website is LordLogo.com which I purchased then I purchased a hosting account. The other domain is teamnewidea.com. Ok so my main hosting service is with lordlogo.com. So I add the addon domain name and it says teamnewidea@lordlogo.com(/teamnewidea) which isnt what I want. I want my OWN seperate email account for lordlogo which I have, and my own seperate account for teamnewidea.com. This is probably challenging. Somehow it isnt working out for me. And when I click publish the all publish to lordlogo.com? How do I send some files to lordlogo.com and some to teamnewidea.com? Thanks for your time, patience, and knowledge. Also sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
            LordLogo

Please click this for a tutorial on an add-on domain
            http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm

you can set up as many email accounts as you wish and for as many domains as you wish ...

Once you have added your add on domain correctly, you will need to publish your new domains pages to the appropriate directory, this directory would instead be public_html/nameofnewdomain as opposed to public_html which is the directory (folder) in which you publish your main domain .. You will need to create an index page for your add on domain just the same as you did for your main domain. I would recommend the making of a new folder on your own computer in which to store your new domains .bvp files, so that you do not overwrite your existing domain name files (namely the index will have the same name)

Hope this helps ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That was exactly the assistance that I was looking for. That actually hit it right on the dot. Thank you very much for your assistance. So then the only thing I need to do is after my folder is set up on my own computer store the files into that folder, then log into my control panel and upload them to public_html/teamnewidea folder and it should be running? Thanks again for the assistance.
              Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by lordlogo
                That was exactly the assistance that I was looking for. That actually hit it right on the dot. Thank you very much for your assistance. So then the only thing I need to do is after my folder is set up on my own computer store the files into that folder, then log into my control panel and upload them to public_html/teamnewidea folder and it should be running? Thanks again for the assistance.
                You are more than welcome, glad that helped you sort things.
                Actually after you have built your pages in blue voda and saved them by their correct name format (which you know how to do) you save them on your own computer in that newly created file folder you made, and you then need to publish them in the very same way, not upload them, you know this, but just clearifying that you do ... and yes, publish them to public_html/teamnewidea from within the blue voda page, in the same way that you have normally published your pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
                  You are more than welcome, glad that helped you sort things.
                  Actually after you have built your pages in blue voda and saved them by their correct name format (which you know how to do) you save them on your own computer in that newly created file folder you made, and you then need to publish them in the very same way, not upload them, you know this, but just clearifying that you do ... and yes, publish them to public_html/teamnewidea from within the blue voda page, in the same way that you have normally published your pages.

Ha ha welll actually I just push published before and it set everything up for me before. I do know how to edit and change things but I think I am going to go one step further. Also I was waiting because the launch date of my site isnt for a few more days. So I was working on figuring everything out before I published it all kind of. Thanks again for your assistance it was much help to me. I do know what you mean now and will try it.

Thanks again
                  Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                  X