editing the code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing the code

does anyone know a way to edit the code of inside bv. i want to add some things to my index that bv doesn't have as an option. so how do you edit the code manually in bv

Re: editing the code

BV is a html generator, not a html editor...this is what gives BV its drag and drop capabilities.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

yes, but if you right click then you can choose html and it lets you input code, so i thought it might let you change the code also. it will let me change it, but it doesn't replace what's there, it just adds to it. so i thought i might have been missing something.

Comment

I may be wrong here- but if you move the page from the server-back to your comuter, you can then open it with wordpad, notepad or an html editor and make your changes. Then you would need to upload it back to the server- DONT PUBLISH.

Now the problem is that alll subsequent changes to the page will need to be done in this manner because if you use the PUBLISH function, it may (or may not) screw things uptotally.

If I were you- I would experiment. Make the changes. Save a copy of the page in a different folder. THen try uploading it to see how it works and then try using the PUBLISH button.

Just a thought.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

well i already thought of that. the problem is that i want to keep the files correct. so if i change the page from the server, the page that bv opens up will not match. wich mean everytime i publish the page, i would have to make the same changes over and over.

Comment

Perhaps if you tell us what you are trying to accomplish- there may be a work-around.

Would like to help if possible.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Do as Andy has suggested and then
              make your changes, then copy and paste the lot into a html box on a blank page, then publish as normal........and there you have it................
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
              X