Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

My domain is www.urs4thelickin.com

can someone please take a look and see what I'm doing wrong when it comes to my password protect page. The page comes up page can't be found.

Re: Please help

if you are running a php site. then your home page needs to be called index.php and if it's an html site. then it needs to be index.html Is that the answer your looking for. in any case. it does look like it's a simple solution. let us know if you have further questions.

Comment

Re: Please help

Originally posted by princessdiamond
      My domain is www.urs4thelickin.com

can someone please take a look and see what I'm doing wrong when it comes to my password protect page. The page comes up page can't be found.

Hi pd

If you have created yourself a password protected directory, then whatever you called that directory is where you need to publish the pages you build for inside of that directory ...

Example - if you created the directory called password then you must do this ....

http://www.yourdomainname.com/password <------- the url will look like that

Then publish your pages to public_html/password (you need to physically type the word password after public_html/ in the publishing box when you go to publish the page and then remove it for pages that you are not publishing to that password protect directory)

The link would then be the same, and you would then come to a page where you are prompted to enter password ...

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X