• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Debi
    Captain

• Dec 2006

2nd website questions

Hi Guys!
    OK, I've added on a second domain for an entirely different website. There is a folder for it in FTP (on the right side), with the other site's stuff below it. I should learn how to put all the other site's stuff in it's own folder, instead of running down the page in order to keep them seperate?
    I know this will sound dumb...but here goes....
    When I start building a new home page for this new site, and click on "save as", I get the box that has my other website saved pages in it. I'm afraid they will save on the other site, so I've likely missed a step in the process. If so, what have I missed?
    I hope my confusion makes sense to someone!
    (Sure thought the second one would be easier!!!!)
    Debi
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

• larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: 2nd website questions

Originally posted by Debi
    Hi Guys!
    OK, I've added on a second domain for an entirely different website. There is a folder for it in FTP (on the right side), with the other site's stuff below it. I should learn how to put all the other site's stuff in it's own folder, instead of running down the page in order to keep them seperate?
    I know this will sound dumb...but here goes....
    When I start building a new home page for this new site, and click on "save as", I get the box that has my other website saved pages in it. I'm afraid they will save on the other site, so I've likely missed a step in the process. If so, what have I missed?
    I hope my confusion makes sense to someone!
    (Sure thought the second one would be easier!!!!)
    Debi
    Make a folder in your blue voda folder for your second site. Save all your second site stuff (images, etc) in that folder so they will stay seperate from your main site stuff, which resides in your normal blue folder.
    So when you save your 2nd site stuff, make sure you save it to your secondsite folder.
    Make sense?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Debi
      Captain

• Dec 2006

Thanks Liz! Is there a way to do a similar thing in FTP to keep it more organized?
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• Debi
        Captain

• Dec 2006

I have created the new subdomain homepage, set up the cpanel, see it in FTP, (although it's mixed up with the other sites info in FTP), and published, but it comes up with a page that says "parent, cgi.bin etc." and not the page I made. I do not remember what I did on the first website! I named it "index" and put it in a different BV folder.
        Clearly, I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated!

is the site. What I wanted tho, was a site without the memoriesdvds on the end of the name, i.e. http://woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes.com which is the new domain name. Should I have done something different to avoid that?
        Think I need some sleep. Thanks in advance for your help.
        Debi
        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You have creates a separate folder inside your BV folder, on your computer, for the new site pages, and this is ok. A similar folder, has been automatically created in your site, when you added the new domain as addon. Now, you need to publish the new site pages, in THAT folder, not just ANY other folder (that you have probably manually created). So, when you publish the new site pages, in the Publish dialog box, in the field "Folder", please type " public_html/woodlandparkrealestate-stagedhomes ".

That's it, the new site pages will be placed in that folder.

Please note that your new site is ok. For now, it only shows the content of the folder, as you have not yet published the "index" or any other page.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Debi
            Captain

• Dec 2006

Naval Design, you ROCK! I knew I was missing something small....
            Thank you! Good to wake up to the solution :)
            Debi
            Debi
            DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Working...
            X