This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Control Panel please?

I know this may sound like a daft question, but where is the control panel please to work on my website?

Weeks ago I employed someone to do this task for me, as I didn't have the time, weeks later it still has not been done and my patience has finally run out, I'm sure it would have been quicker and more effective to do this entire process myself.

So, where would my control panel be please? Could someone tell me?

I so urgently need to have my site online now, I have potential clients for my new business wanting to see my work and have at present, nothing to show them which is now reflecting badly on the company and my potential profits.

Your assistance is very much appreciated!!

Best regards!!

Mark

Re: Where is the Control Panel please?

do you have an account with VodaHost? If so, go to http://vodahost.com/login.htm and click on the CPanel Login that corresponse with the IP address sent to you in your welcome letter when you signed up.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply, much appreciated, yes I have an account with Vodahost, paid for, for the next twelve months.

Many more questions no doubt to come, this is the last task I wanted to be getting on with, anything computers scares the hell out of me, most of the language used reads like absolute double dutch gobbledegook.

I guess another time, the lesson learned from this is, just get on with it myself, right from the beginning. Is it possible to do a basic website with photographs using vodahost in 24 hrs flat as a complete beginner, only time has run out to get this task accomplished?!!

Cheers!!

Mark

Comment

It's possible. As long as you have the pics already on your computer, you have a number of option on how how to display it on your page. Start from the beginning by opening up a blank page. Use the Text button to insert text and the Image button the insert images. If you get stuck come back and post a question.

By the way, were you able to get into your cPanel?

Comment

Oh my giddy aunt!! The control panel looks worse than sitting in the pilots seat of a light aircraft, blimey, what do I press next, will it explode? Bloomin' hec!!

Comment

ok, what is your IP address? If you don't have this info, go into your email and look at the letter that was sent to you from VodaHost when you signed up. Once you know your IP address, find it on http://vodahost.com/login.htm and look straight across and find where it says CPanel Login on your IP address' line and click on that link. Next, it's going to ask for your username and Password. This info you can also find in your welcome letter.

Comment

I'm already in my Control thingermejiggy and I'm looking flabberghasted!! It looks awfully complicated, I havn't the foggiest clue what any of those buttons do. Is there a hmmmmmmm automatic pilot I can use, switch on, or a ghost screen / wizard that can show me what to do next, with a list of options? That'd make it easier.

Seriously I'm cackin' myself here, blimey!! All 6'6" of me is quivering with fright.

Comment

Better still, is there a free template I can just use for now and then stick some wording in for the 'buttons' - the blurb (wording for the website) I can get done very quickly, thats all here on this computer somewhere, as is the logo, photos etc. In fact, if I knew how to get it to you, the website has in part already been designed, just not to my spec, background colour needs changing and the wording on the front page needs to be adjusted to my original specification, but how to do this - goodness knows.

Comment

email me what you have so far at dmapillar********.com and any wordings and instructions and I'll try to handle it for you...it's just one page, right?

Comment

I was looking at your current website and if you ever want to do some outsourcing, I would be happy to work with you.

Comment

I do appreciate your assistance, it's important to me that you know that.

I'm afraid it's not one page no. There is a Home page, an About Us page, a Gallery Page, a Prices page, a Our Promise page, a Terms page, a Contact Us page and one or two others.

My former website designer has just sent me all the Zip files of work that has been accomplished so far, would you like me to fathom out how to get these to you?

Too, if you have a favourite charity that you would like for me to donate to, in exchange for your kind assistance, please do feel free to say, and I'll send them something as a thank you for all your trouble (if that's ok with you).

My e-mail: inlunarsun-photography******.com

I'll await your next instruction here telling me to either send you what I have (zip files) to this forum or to your e-mail addy.

Many thanks!!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by AmaDee
                        I was looking at your current website and if you ever want to do some outsourcing, I would be happy to work with you.
                        Which one? www.inlunarsun-photography.com or this new one - www.skyhighphotographs.co.uk

The Inlunarsun-Photography.com site, they're just my hobby photographs, I've improved a great deal since then, one or two ok shots there, but nothing compared to my latest.

Comment

Mark's got mail

Comment

Originally posted by Inlunarsun-Photography
                            Which one? www.inlunarsun-photography.com or this new one - www.skyhighphotographs.co.uk

The Inlunarsun-Photography.com site, they're just my hobby photographs, I've improved a great deal since then, one or two ok shots there, but nothing compared to my latest.
                            I saw www.inlunarsun-photography.com. Which one are building a site for?

Comment

www.skyhighphotographs.co.uk (aerial photography utilising a telescopic mast)

Comment

Working...
                              X