Problem with file download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with file download

I have uploaded a large (32 MB) zipped file to my public_html folder. It's an eBook bundle I'm selling through ClickBank. I've set up my thankyou page and linked to the file. This works fine.

However, when I click on the download link, the file begins to download and then bails out after a couple seconds and about 200 kb of data. The zip file seems fine -- I can open it on the site and all the files are there. Any ideas?

Also, is there any way to set the thankyou page so that only paying customers who have been directed there from ClickBank can actually access the page? Otherwise, it seems like anyone who can guess to type in www.mydomain.com/thankyou.html can download the product without paying...

Well, I feel like I've made a lot of progress, but I'm obviously still missing a few pieces of the puzzle. Any help is much appreciated.
    Greg Benage
    Internet Marketing 101
    A free network for online entrepreneurs
    http://www.im-101.com

Re: Problem with file download

I'm not sure if the problem is the size of the file or not, however, I do know that for free you can upload and have people download at you send it to do what you want to do. You are right about the thank you page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Not to bite your bum but if your saying a buyer gets to your thank you page and there's a link there to download, then your asking for trouble. it would be so easy to bye one, then make money from you. it would only take one doggy customer to copy your link set up a sale form and redirect to your page to download.
      most downloads of this type or software have it set up that the process send a email to the customer with download link, some have ip and time limits.

Comment

Just a note to let you now that "You Send It" Now charge. Darn it. I would like an answer to this question though - "How to make the download link a one time only link" If you could help that would be great.
        www.richbitchebook.com
        www.myberrytree.com/bt90321
        www.automaticbuilder.com/garrymac

Comment

I also would like to know how to make the "download" a one time thing ,make the download secure also! Anybody?

Comment

Working...
          X