• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: FTP help needed

click on http://www.google.it/search?sourceid...q=free+mac+ftp

There you will find lots of mac ftp software, i beleive that some are free.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Sandra Herber
      Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

Okay, guys... I think we're going around in circles here. We've already established that SmartFTP does NOT work with Mac, and I need something that is compatible with both Mac and PC.

Chris suggested having the site owner just log into the Control Panel (without having to down load VH), and my question is:

What is the file size restriction on uploading files in the Control Panel?

Thanks,
      Sandra
      www.randallruback.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Sandra Herber
        Thanks, Chris. That sounds like a workable solution. One thing: I see that it says "File uploads are restricted to prevent account issues caused by exceeding your file system quota." Do you know what the file size restriction is?

Thanks,
        Sandra
        Hi, I would imagine that this can be set to restrict the upload size of files, but haven’t use this used this sort of restriction before. I can only assume that if this is set to (0) as mine is, that it is more or less unlimited.
        Might have to have a look in your C Panels F&Q’s area to see how to control this if needed.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

And, why should this FTP work on BOTH Mac and Windows?
          FTP works on ONE computer, so it doesn't need to work on both. Once a file has been transfered, it is accessible for download with ANY other FTP, from both a Mac or a Windows computer.

You can get there either using a bus or a train ......
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Sandra Herber
            Sergeant First Class

• Mar 2007

Thanks, Navaldesign, for your explanation. It's all starting to make sense now...!

Sandra
            www.randallruback.com

Comment

Working...
            X