• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1lear
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Help-clone page and other questions-

1.in the software there is a clone page symbol what does it do exactly. I rather ask than hit something and screw up something. Im exhausted but happy with the creation of my page.
    2. should i incude all questions under one post or make new threads.
    3.important-i want to put a few affiliates on my site but i don't want people to leave before they buy my product.How do i have them buy product which takes them to paypal and return to google search or click on an affiliate. I only have one page set up I can make a second page set up to thank them for the order and then do the affiliates. How do I accomplish this.
    hope this is clear-if a person is on my page and i have affilliates they may click them for something quick and are sent away from my page. product is a e-book.
    Lose the Weight

• LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Help-clone page and other questions-

Originally posted by 1lear
    1.in the software there is a clone page symbol what does it do exactly. I rather ask than hit something and screw up something. Im exhausted but happy with the creation of my page.
    2. should i incude all questions under one post or make new threads.
    3.important-i want to put a few affiliates on my site but i don't want people to leave before they buy my product.How do i have them buy product which takes them to paypal and return to google search or click on an affiliate. I only have one page set up I can make a second page set up to thank them for the order and then do the affiliates. How do I accomplish this.
    hope this is clear-if a person is on my page and i have affilliates they may click them for something quick and are sent away from my page. product is a e-book.
    It's alot of work, no doubt about it, but very rewarding! Glad you are happy with your creations.

The clone button does exactly that "clone" one of your pages, and then you can change or add different information on that page, and then resave it as something else, helps take away some of the work if you are making your pages look the same from page to page ...

All questions in one post is fine, helps keep things organized for you. However, there are times you may have a specific question that should be asked under a certain area, it just helps with getting responses to your topic at large. General questions can all be in one post, it will help you too.

It is nice to take your purchasers to a thank you page ... you could add your affiliate ids on that thankyou page. You set this all up through paypal, you input the url of the page that you designed with blue voda and published, you input the url at paypal. This will take the people back to that page after paying, you thank them and then suggest they visit your affiliates. I wouldn't take them to an affiliates page directly, they may feel as though they were "browser hijacked" not leaving a good impression with their funds they just released to you ...

Hope this answers your questions and good luck!

Oh I should mention that within the code of your affiliate you can add

"target = _blank" - Don't quote me on that code, I am not a code writer, but I know there are people here that would assist you with this code ... setting the target to _blank will open the affiliate in a new browser window, and again, I am not certain if you are allowed to place this in all affiliates codes, sometimes you have to leave the code intact the way it comes to you .... someone else will speak and advise you on this hopefully ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• 1lear
      Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

You are so helpful!!!! I need to draw from your expertise a little more so let me get this right.
      my intentions--i make a second page this will be the thankyou page and the helpful (check out these other sites they may have other things you are interested in) page. i give the url for that page to the downloader of my software. lots of thoughts bear with me(smile)
      people click buy-go to paypal-paypal i guess sends download link to buyers e-mail-meanwhile after they pay -paypal has url of thankyou page sends them to that. Im wondering paypal has to let the holder of the e-book (maybe payloadz)know to let buyer download. Maybe on the thankyou page i can have the download link to (maybe payloadz)and they have the download and affiliates-I don't know just trying to sort it out-I'm almost ready to launch-any ideas welcome. I do appreciate every ounce of help. thanks mucho grande
      Lose the Weight

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by 1lear
        You are so helpful!!!! I need to draw from your expertise a little more so let me get this right.
        my intentions--i make a second page this will be the thankyou page and the helpful (check out these other sites they may have other things you are interested in) page. i give the url for that page to the downloader of my software. lots of thoughts bear with me(smile)
        people click buy-go to paypal-paypal i guess sends download link to buyers e-mail-meanwhile after they pay -paypal has url of thankyou page sends them to that. Im wondering paypal has to let the holder of the e-book (maybe payloadz)know to let buyer download. Maybe on the thankyou page i can have the download link to (maybe payloadz)and they have the download and affiliates-I don't know just trying to sort it out-I'm almost ready to launch-any ideas welcome. I do appreciate every ounce of help. thanks mucho grande
        Okay, so people are going to buy your product and I gather it is a download. You need to control this download somehow. Now unless you are expecting a flood of purchases and will be too busy, then you might just have to send them a password to the page where they will download their item. This, yes, means contact with each person. Pay pal notifies you that you have funds, you then respond to this person with a password to your protected directory containing your download. Every so often you can change the password that you give out ...

Now, Pay Pal could direct the purchasers right to the download page, however, then this page can be found by anyone on the internet ..

I believe Navel Design, David Undalicia or Andy, may have something more secure available for this type of venture, it would be good to ask them ...

I think your thank you page, should be a thank you page, and this is an opportunity to show your affiliate banners and perhaps people will then have a look ...

Your download link needs to be protected somehow, whether by you or a more secure system that will cost money for sure ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• 1lear
          Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Thanks for your input i am seeing things a little more clearly now-all help is appreciated. You have been very helpful through my initial process LADY-EYE.

Thanks to everyone
          Lose the Weight

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

yw Lear

Glad you are feeling at home and are getting things sorted

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• davidundalicia
              General

• Mar 2006

1lear:

I appreciated your reply and your reasons for the message, but you will soon be able to detect the occassional spammer that tries to abuse these forums.

Good luck with your project.....................
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
              X