• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashley15
    Corporal

• Apr 2007

This is a Three part question

I noticed that when I view my page in a browser I get this small window it has a floppy disk a printer mail and pictures icons in one box how can I get rid of that? question 2 when I go to link I see File: Ftp: Gopher: Http: Mailto: News: and Telnet: Question 3 and then I see Target _Blank _Self _Parents _ Top does anyone now what all this means I am trying to link a page to another page on my site please help! Thank You! Ashley.
  • AmaDee
    Colonel

• Jun 2006

Re: This is a Three part question

If I am understanding this right, Ashley, when you open up BlueVoda, your see these pictures? And you are trying to get rid of them?

Well before I tell you how to get rid of them, let me recommend that you don't because these are shortcuts to accessing your Menu bar (File, Edit, Insert, you know, the likes). So I would leave those alone if I were you. However, if you still want to get rid of them, do this: Right click on any of the icons on the toolbar (let's say the printer), and select Standard Tools. And you can keep doing this until all of the toolbars are off.

BTW: If you ever want to put it back on, just *******te the steps you just did.

Ok, the next question was about the Targets, right? Honestly, I've only used two of them and those are the ones that I am going to help you with. Hopefully, the more experienced people can help you out with the other two.

_blank: this means that you want the link to open up in a new window. For the most part, don't use this within your site. I always use this when I am linking to another website...that way, my page is right there when the person is finished viewing that other website.

_self: this means that you want the link to open up in the same window. This is the default target. Notice that the Target is left blank? Well, this blank is essentially _self.

I don't want to give advice when it is not saught. But I got the feeling that you needed help with linking. Is that so?

Comment

• ashley15
      Corporal

• Apr 2007

yes it big time but I thank you for your help. how did you make that writing Mapillar do that? Thank You!

Comment

• AmaDee
        Colonel

• Jun 2006

A member of the forum, named Roy, did that. I'll see if I can find that link for you. I'm not sure if he's still doing that for people, though.

Ok, a couple of question to get started with your linking.

1. How many pages have you designed?

2. Have you have a homepage designed, did you name it "index" (without the quotations)

Comment

• AmaDee
          Colonel

• Jun 2006

Ashley, here's the link to the signature request thread. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gra...tml#post139186

I'm not sure if he's still doing the sigs, but it would hurt to put in a request.

Comment

• bill2006
            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Ashley,
            Watch the tutorials on hyperlinking here, remember you will need to save and publish the target pages to see the results of what you design.

If you post your URL we will be able to better assist you.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by ashley15
              I noticed that when I view my page in a browser I get this small window it has a floppy disk a printer mail and pictures icons in one box how can I get rid of that? question 2 when I go to link I see File: Ftp: Gopher: Http: Mailto: News: and Telnet: Question 3 and then I see Target _Blank _Self _Parents _ Top does anyone now what all this means I am trying to link a page to another page on my site please help! Thank You! Ashley.
              Ok, since there has been no answer :

The three images you see, are NOT the toolbar: they are the standard image tool that IE displayes when your mouse is over an image on your site. To avoid this, you need to paste this code:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">

Paste this in the Between head tag of your page HTML.

2. These are the available types of links. Without going anyfurther, i simply tell you that you will only use http: for linking all types of pages or files, and mailto: just for linking some text or image or shape or whatever else to an email address. If someone clicks on that, his email client (Outlook express or any other) will open with your email address already filled in.

3. Types for the Target:

blank : the link opens in a new window.
              top: it open in the upmost window
              self it opens in the same window
              parent: it opens in the window that has generated the current window. Only usefull for popups. making the link _parent will cause the link to open in the window that has generated the popup.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• AmaDee
                Colonel

• Jun 2006

ah haa... thanks, Naval. This is very informative.

Comment

• ashley15
                  Corporal

• Apr 2007

Thank You for all your support, Everyone Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X